Participatory Research Panel 2017
Are you interested in participatory research? What is it? What are some examples? Welcome to an exciting afternoon with scholars from University of Illinois at Chicago & Karolinska Institutet.
13:00-13:10 Welcome (Maria Eriksdotter, Professor & Head of NVS, Eric Asaba & Karin Johansson, Moderators)
13:15-15:15 Panel presentations.
- Culturally tailored participatory intervention to promote healthy lifestyles among immigrant youth and young adults with disabilities and their families
- Everyday life with Addisons Disease: A study using photovoice.
- Return to Work after spinal cord injury: Zooming in
- Tensions between participatory practices in research and frailty
- OP-ENS - Development of a peer health navigator intervention to promote healthcare justice for people with disabilities
- Using PAR to document participation disparities experienced by people with disabilities and to impact systems change
15:15 Panel discussion with presenters
16:00 Conclusion and after-talk mingle receptionContact person: Eric Asaba