Causes and consequences of criminality and psychiatric disorders
The aim of this study was to elucidate the mechanisms behind intergenerational transmissions of psychiatric problems.
For this purpose, we use the large population based registries in Sweden. We have performed very large record linkages with the Multi-Generation, Migration, Twin, Education, Medical Birth, National Crime, Hospital Discharge, Cause of Death, and Conscript Registries and Censuses (1970, 1980, 1990). At least 24 theses have been based on this data.
The database with genetically informative psychiatric data from the entire Swedish population is very complex, and we have developed new statistical models to analyze causality and to understand how genes and environments influence intergenerational transmission. Using these methods we have shown that smoking during pregnancy is not causally related to offspring criminality and school achievements, that there is a common genetic etiology between schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, and that ADHD medication seems to be protective against criminality, traffic accidents, and drug abuse.
- Brian D'Onofrio (University of Indiana)
- Seena Fazel (University of Oxford)
- Zheng Chang
- David Mataix-Cols
- Henrik Larsson
- Catarina Almqvist Malmros
- Cynthia Bulik
- Patrick Sullivan
- Epilepsy, antiepileptic drugs, and serious transport accidents: A nationwide cohort study.
Neurology 2018 Mar;90(13):e1111-e1118
- Has the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder phenotype become more common in children between 2004 and 2014? Trends over 10 years from a Swedish general population sample.
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 2018 Aug;59(8):863-871
- Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes in Asthmatic Women: A Population-Based Family Design Study.
J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract ;6(3):916-922.e6
- A Genetic Investigation of Sex Bias in the Prevalence of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
Biol. Psychiatry 2018 Jun;83(12):1044-1053
- Artistic creativity and risk for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and unipolar depression: a Swedish population-based case-control study and sib-pair analysis.
Br J Psychiatry 2018 Jun;212(6):370-376
- The familial co-aggregation of ASD and ADHD: a register-based cohort study.
Mol. Psychiatry 2018 Feb;23(2):257-262
- Outcome-dependent associations between short interpregnancy interval and offspring psychological and educational problems: a population-based quasi-experimental study.
Int J Epidemiol 2018 Aug;47(4):1159-1168
- No association between urbanisation, neighbourhood deprivation and IBD: a population-based study of 4 million individuals.
Gut 2018 Apr;():
- Longitudinal depression or anxiety in mothers and offspring asthma: a Swedish population-based study.
Int J Epidemiol 2018 Feb;47(1):166-174
- Perinatal risk factors in Tourette's and chronic tic disorders: a total population sibling comparison study.
Mol. Psychiatry 2018 May;23(5):1189-1197
- Risk of being convicted of theft and other crimes in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa: A prospective cohort study in a Swedish female population.
Int J Eat Disord 2017 09;50(9):1095-1103
- The Risk of Treatment-Emergent Mania With Methylphenidate in Bipolar Disorder.
Am J Psychiatry 2017 04;174(4):341-348
- A Family-Based Study of the Association Between Labor Induction and Offspring Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Low Academic Achievement.
Behav. Genet. 2017 Jul;47(4):383-393
- Associations of Maternal Antidepressant Use During the First Trimester of Pregnancy With Preterm Birth, Small for Gestational Age, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Offspring.
JAMA 2017 04;317(15):1553-1562
- Suicidal Behavior During Lithium and Valproate Treatment: A Within-Individual 8-Year Prospective Study of 50,000 Patients With Bipolar Disorder.
Am J Psychiatry 2017 08;174(8):795-802
- The risk factors for postpartum depression: A population-based study.
Depress Anxiety 2017 02;34(2):178-187
- Neighborhood Influences on Violent Reoffending Risk in Released Prisoners Diagnosed With Psychotic Disorders.
Schizophr Bull 2017 09;43(5):1011-1020
- The Heritability of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
JAMA 2017 09;318(12):1182-1184
- Association Between Deliberate Self-harm and Violent Criminality.
JAMA Psychiatry 2017 Jun;74(6):615-621
- Association Between Maternal Smoking During Pregnancy and Severe Mental Illness in Offspring.
JAMA Psychiatry 2017 Jun;74(6):589-596
- ADHD Medication and Substance-Related Problems.
Am J Psychiatry 2017 09;174(9):877-885
- Risk of eating disorders in immigrant populations.
Acta Psychiatr Scand 2017 08;136(2):156-165
- Association Between Medication Use and Performance on Higher Education Entrance Tests in Individuals With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
JAMA Psychiatry 2017 Aug;74(8):815-822
- Neurodegenerative and psychiatric diseases among families with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Neurology 2017 Aug;89(6):578-585
- Physical and cognitive fitness in young adulthood and risk of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis at an early age.
Eur. J. Neurol. 2017 01;24(1):137-142
- Pharmacological treatment and risk of psychiatric hospital admission in bipolar disorder.
Br J Psychiatry 2017 03;210(3):197-202
- Paternal age at childbirth and eating disorders in offspring.
Psychol Med 2017 Feb;47(3):576-584
- Suicide in obsessive-compulsive disorder: a population-based study of 36 788 Swedish patients.
Mol. Psychiatry 2017 Nov;22(11):1626-1632
- Suicide in Tourette's and Chronic Tic Disorders.
Biol. Psychiatry 2017 07;82(2):111-118
- Identification of low risk of violent crime in severe mental illness with a clinical prediction tool (Oxford Mental Illness and Violence tool [OxMIV]): a derivation and validation study.
Lancet Psychiatry 2017 Jun;4(6):461-468
- The Familial Co-Aggregation of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Intellectual Disability: A Register-Based Family Study.
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2017 Feb;56(2):167-174.e1
- Shared familial risk factors between attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and overweight/obesity - a population-based familial coaggregation study in Sweden.
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 2017 Jun;58(6):711-718
- Familial aggregation of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 2017 Mar;58(3):231-239
- Association Between Medication Use for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Risk of Motor Vehicle Crashes.
JAMA Psychiatry 2017 Jun;74(6):597-603
- Increased Risk for Substance Use-Related Problems in Autism Spectrum Disorders: A Population-Based Cohort Study.
J Autism Dev Disord 2017 01;47(1):80-89
- Parental and perinatal risk factors for sexual offending in men: a nationwide case-control study.
Psychol Med 2017 01;47(2):305-315
- Familial Liability for Eating Disorders and Suicide Attempts: Evidence From a Population Registry in Sweden.
JAMA Psychiatry 2016 Mar;73(3):284-91
- Heritability of Perinatal Depression and Genetic Overlap With Nonperinatal Depression.
Am J Psychiatry 2016 Feb;173(2):158-65
- Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor use during pregnancy: association with offspring birth size and gestational age.
Int J Epidemiol 2016 Feb;45(1):170-7
- Autism and epilepsy: A population-based nationwide cohort study.
Neurology 2016 Jul;87(2):192-7
- A Genetically Informed Study of the Associations Between Maternal Age at Childbearing and Adverse Perinatal Outcomes.
Behav. Genet. 2016 05;46(3):431-56
- Genome-wide association study identifies SESTD1 as a novel risk gene for lithium-responsive bipolar disorder.
Mol. Psychiatry 2016 09;21(9):1290-7
- Triggers for Violent Criminality in Patients With Psychotic Disorders.
JAMA Psychiatry 2016 Aug;73(8):796-803
- Suicide risk after nonfatal self-harm: a national cohort study, 2000-2008.
J Clin Psychiatry 2016 02;77(2):240-6
- Understanding the covariation of tics, attention-deficit/hyperactivity, and obsessive-compulsive symptoms: A population-based adult twin study.
Am. J. Med. Genet. B Neuropsychiatr. Genet. 2016 10;171(7):938-47
- Common psychiatric disorders share the same genetic origin: a multivariate sibling study of the Swedish population.
Mol. Psychiatry 2016 May;21(5):717-21
- Patterns of Nonrandom Mating Within and Across 11 Major Psychiatric Disorders.
JAMA Psychiatry 2016 Apr;73(4):354-61
- Killing the mother of one's child: psychiatric risk factors among male perpetrators and offspring health consequences.
J Clin Psychiatry 2016 Mar;77(3):342-7
- Association of Resting Heart Rate and Blood Pressure in Late Adolescence With Subsequent Mental Disorders: A Longitudinal Population Study of More Than 1 Million Men in Sweden.
JAMA Psychiatry 2016 Dec;73(12):1268-1275
- Cognitive ability and risk for substance misuse in men: genetic and environmental correlations in a longitudinal nation-wide family study.
Addiction 2016 Oct;111(10):1814-22
- Premature mortality in autism spectrum disorder.
Br J Psychiatry 2016 Mar;208(3):232-8
- Age at fatherhood: heritability and associations with psychiatric disorders.
Psychol Med 2016 10;46(14):2981-2988
- Prediction of violent reoffending on release from prison: derivation and external validation of a scalable tool.
Lancet Psychiatry 2016 Jun;3(6):535-43
- Association Between Prescription of Major Psychotropic Medications and Violent Reoffending After Prison Release.
JAMA 2016 Nov;316(17):1798-1807
- Medication for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Risk for Depression: A Nationwide Longitudinal Cohort Study.
Biol. Psychiatry 2016 12;80(12):916-922
- Nationwide population-based cohort study of psychiatric disorders in individuals with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome or hypermobility syndrome and their siblings.
BMC Psychiatry 2016 07;16():207
- Association of Perinatal Risk Factors With Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Population-Based Birth Cohort, Sibling Control Study.
JAMA Psychiatry 2016 Nov;73(11):1135-1144
- The association between childhood relocations and subsequent risk of suicide attempt, psychiatric problems, and low academic achievement.
Psychol Med 2016 Apr;46(5):969-79
- Mental illness and suicide after self-harm among young adults: long-term follow-up of self-harm patients, admitted to hospital care, in a national cohort.
Psychol Med 2016 12;46(16):3397-3405
- Improving risk assessment in schizophrenia: epidemiological investigation of criminal history factors.
Br J Psychiatry 2015 May;206(5):424-30
- Age-specific suicide mortality following non-fatal self-harm: national cohort study in Sweden.
Psychol Med 2015 Jun;45(8):1699-707
- Bipolar disorder and its relation to major psychiatric disorders: a family-based study in the Swedish population.
Bipolar Disord 2015 Mar;17(2):184-93
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and risk for substance use disorders in relatives.
Biol. Psychiatry 2015 May;77(10):880-6
- Validity and reliability of chronic tic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder diagnoses in the Swedish National Patient Register.
BMJ Open 2015 Jun;5(6):e007520
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and criminal behavior: A Swedish population based study.
Psychiatry Res 2015 Oct;229(3):953-9
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors and Violent Crime: A Cohort Study.
PLoS Med. 2015 Sep;12(9):e1001875
- Varenicline and risk of psychiatric conditions, suicidal behaviour, criminal offending, and transport accidents and offences: population based cohort study.
BMJ 2015 Jun;350():h2388
- Familial Risks of Tourette Syndrome and Chronic Tic Disorders. A Population-Based Cohort Study.
JAMA Psychiatry 2015 Aug;72(8):787-93
- Paternal antisocial behavior and sons' cognitive ability: a population-based quasiexperimental study.
Psychol Sci 2015 Jan;26(1):78-88
- A Longitudinal Study of Resting Heart Rate and Violent Criminality in More Than 700 000 Men.
JAMA Psychiatry 2015 Oct;72(10):971-8
- Sexual offending runs in families: A 37-year nationwide study.
Int J Epidemiol 2015 Apr;44(2):713-20
- Bipolar disorder and leadership--a total population study.
Acta Psychiatr Scand 2015 Feb;131(2):111-9
- Sex- and age-specific incidence of healthcare-register-recorded eating disorders in the complete swedish 1979-2001 birth cohort.
Int J Eat Disord 2015 Dec;48(8):1070-81
- Depression and violence: a Swedish population study.
Lancet Psychiatry 2015 Mar;2(3):224-32
- Depression and violence—what do we really know? – Authors' reply.
Lancet Psychiatry 2015 Jun;2(6):492
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia and risk for psychiatric disorders in girls and women born between 1915 and 2010: A total population study.
Psychoneuroendocrinology 2015 Oct;60():195-205
- Substance use disorders, psychiatric disorders, and mortality after release from prison: a nationwide longitudinal cohort study.
Lancet Psychiatry 2015 May;2(5):422-430
- Variation in mortality risk of people released from prison - Authors' reply.
Lancet Psychiatry 2015 Aug;2(8):681-682
- Psychiatric disorders and violent reoffending: a national cohort study of convicted prisoners in Sweden.
Lancet Psychiatry 2015 Oct;2(10):891-900
- Hypospadias and increased risk for neurodevelopmental disorders.
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 2015 Feb;56(2):155-61
- Risks of psychiatric disorders and suicide attempts in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a population-based cohort study.
Diabetes Care 2015 Mar;38(3):453-9
- Psychiatric disorders and suicide attempts in Swedish survivors of the 2004 southeast Asia tsunami: a 5 year matched cohort study.
Lancet Psychiatry 2015 Sep;2(9):817-24
- Suboptimal psychosocial outcomes in patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia: epidemiological studies in a nonbiased national cohort in Sweden.
J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2014 Apr;99(4):1425-32
- Familial confounding of the association between maternal smoking during pregnancy and ADHD in offspring.
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 2014 Jan;55(1):61-8
- The association between schizophrenia and rheumatoid arthritis: a nationwide population-based Swedish study on intraindividual and familial risks.
Schizophr Bull 2014 Nov;40(6):1552-9
- Childhood family income, adolescent violent criminality and substance misuse: quasi-experimental total population study.
Br J Psychiatry 2014 Oct;205(4):286-90
- The heritability of clinically diagnosed attention deficit hyperactivity disorder across the lifespan.
Psychol Med 2014 Jul;44(10):2223-9
- Multiple sclerosis and psychiatric disorders: comorbidity and sibling risk in a nationwide Swedish cohort.
Mult. Scler. 2014 Dec;20(14):1881-91
- Suicide after release from prison: a population-based cohort study from Sweden.
J Clin Psychiatry 2014 Oct;75(10):1047-53
- Antipsychotics, mood stabilisers, and risk of violent crime.
Lancet 2014 Sep;384(9949):1206-14
- Fetal growth and psychiatric and socioeconomic problems: population-based sibling comparison.
Br J Psychiatry 2014 Nov;205(5):355-61
- Stimulant ADHD medication and risk for substance abuse.
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 2014 Aug;55(8):878-85
- Examining and interpreting the female protective effect against autistic behavior.
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2013 Mar;110(13):5258-62
- Fecundity of patients with schizophrenia, autism, bipolar disorder, depression, anorexia nervosa, or substance abuse vs their unaffected siblings.
JAMA Psychiatry 2013 Jan;70(1):22-30
- Population-based, multigenerational family clustering study of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
JAMA Psychiatry 2013 Jul;70(7):709-17
- Mental illness, suicide and creativity: 40-year prospective total population study.
J Psychiatr Res 2013 Jan;47(1):83-90
- Time to hospitalization for suicide attempt by the timing of parental suicide during offspring early development.
JAMA Psychiatry 2013 Feb;70(2):149-57
- ADHD and criminality: could treatment benefit prisoners with ADHD who are at higher risk of reoffending?
Expert Rev Neurother 2013 Apr;13(4):345-8
- Autism risk across generations: a population-based study of advancing grandpaternal and paternal age.
JAMA Psychiatry 2013 May;70(5):516-21
- Maternal age at first birth and offspring criminality: using the children of twins design to test causal hypotheses.
Dev. Psychopathol. 2013 Feb;25(1):17-35
- The association between teenage motherhood and poor offspring outcomes: a national cohort study across 30 years.
Twin Res Hum Genet 2013 Jun;16(3):679-89
- Maternal stress and infant mortality: the importance of the preconception period.
Psychol Sci 2013 Jul;24(7):1309-16
- Familial aggregation of schizophrenia: the moderating effect of age at onset, parental immigration, paternal age and season of birth.
Scand J Public Health 2012 Feb;40(1):43-50
- Family history of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder as risk factors for autism.
Arch. Gen. Psychiatry 2012 Nov;69(11):1099-1103
- A novel approach to determining violence risk in schizophrenia: developing a stepped strategy in 13,806 discharged patients.
PLoS ONE 2012 ;7(2):e31727
- Medication for attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder and criminality.
N. Engl. J. Med. 2012 Nov;367(21):2006-14
- Advancing paternal age and offspring violent offending: a sibling-comparison study.
Dev. Psychopathol. 2012 Aug;24(3):739-53
- Poor school performance in offspring of patients with schizophrenia: what are the mechanisms?
Psychol Med 2012 Jan;42(1):111-23
- Heritability, assortative mating and gender differences in violent crime: results from a total population sample using twin, adoption, and sibling models.
Behav. Genet. 2012 Jan;42(1):3-18
- Perinatal risk factors in offenders with severe personality disorder: a population-based investigation.
J. Pers. Disord. 2012 Oct;26(5):737-50
- Disentangling the relationships between maternal smoking during pregnancy and co-occurring risk factors.
Psychol Med 2012 Jul;42(7):1547-57
- Familial confounding of the association between maternal smoking during pregnancy and offspring substance use and problems.
Arch. Gen. Psychiatry 2012 Nov;69(11):1140-50
- The impact of birth mode of delivery on childhood asthma and allergic diseases--a sibling study.
Clin. Exp. Allergy 2012 Sep;42(9):1369-76
- Violent offending and IQ level as predictors of suicide in schizophrenia: national cohort study.
Schizophr. Res. 2011 Aug;130(1-3):143-7
- Familial clustering of suicide risk: a total population study of 11.4 million individuals.
Psychol Med 2011 Dec;41(12):2527-34
- A genetically informed study of associations between family functioning and child psychosocial adjustment.
Dev Psychol 2011 May;47(3):707-25
- Increased suicide risk in coeliac disease--a Swedish nationwide cohort study.
Dig Liver Dis 2011 Aug;43(8):616-22
- Does maternal weight gain in pregnancy have long-term effects on offspring adiposity? A sibling study in a prospective cohort of 146,894 men from 136,050 families.
Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2011 Jul;94(1):142-8
- Creativity and mental disorder: family study of 300,000 people with severe mental disorder.
Br J Psychiatry 2011 Nov;199(5):373-9
- Alcohol use disorders in schizophrenia: a national cohort study of 12,653 patients.
J Clin Psychiatry 2011 Jun;72(6):775-9; quiz 878-9
- Advancing paternal age and risk of autism: new evidence from a population-based study and a meta-analysis of epidemiological studies.
Mol. Psychiatry 2011 Dec;16(12):1203-12
- Violent crime runs in families: a total population study of 12.5 million individuals.
Psychol Med 2011 Jan;41(1):97-105
- Advanced paternal and grandpaternal age and schizophrenia: a three-generation perspective.
Schizophr. Res. 2011 Dec;133(1-3):120-4
- Risk of violent crime in individuals with epilepsy and traumatic brain injury: a 35-year Swedish population study.
PLoS Med. 2011 Dec;8(12):e1001150
- Maternal bereavement and childhood asthma-analyses in two large samples of Swedish children.
PLoS ONE 2011 ;6(11):e27202
- D'Onofrio BM, Langstrom N, Lichtenstein P. The Need for Family Research Using Multiple Approaches and Methods. Natl Symp Fam Iss 2011:149-59.
- Long-term follow-up of transsexual persons undergoing sex reassignment surgery: cohort study in Sweden.
PLoS ONE 2011 Feb;6(2):e16885
- Timing of prenatal maternal exposure to severe life events and adverse pregnancy outcomes: a population study of 2.6 million pregnancies.
Psychosom Med 2011 Apr;73(3):234-41
- Psychiatric morbidity, violent crime, and suicide among children and adolescents exposed to parental death.
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2010 May;49(5):514-23; quiz 530
- Method of attempted suicide as predictor of subsequent successful suicide: national long term cohort study.
BMJ 2010 Jul;341():c3222
- Maternal or paternal suicide and offspring's psychiatric and suicide-attempt hospitalization risk.
Pediatrics 2010 Nov;126(5):e1026-32
- Prenatal smoking exposure and offspring stress coping in late adolescence: no causal link.
Int J Epidemiol 2010 Dec;39(6):1531-40
- Bipolar disorder and violent crime: new evidence from population-based longitudinal studies and systematic review.
Arch. Gen. Psychiatry 2010 Sep;67(9):931-8
- Bipolar disorder and violent crime: time at risk reanalysis.
Arch. Gen. Psychiatry 2010 Dec;67(12):1325-6
- A quasi-experimental study of maternal smoking during pregnancy and offspring academic achievement.
Child Dev ;81(1):80-100
- Familial confounding of the association between maternal smoking during pregnancy and offspring criminality: a population-based study in Sweden.
Arch. Gen. Psychiatry 2010 May;67(5):529-38
- Svensson et al. respond to "Maternal genes and environment in preterm birth".
Am. J. Epidemiol. 2009 Dec;170(11):1386-7
- Maternal effects for preterm birth: a genetic epidemiologic study of 630,000 families.
Am. J. Epidemiol. 2009 Dec;170(11):1365-72
- Common genetic determinants of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in Swedish families: a population-based study.
Lancet 2009 Jan;373(9659):234-9
- Schizophrenia, substance abuse, and violent crime.
JAMA 2009 May;301(19):2016-23
- Risk factors for violent crime in Schizophrenia: a national cohort study of 13,806 patients.
J Clin Psychiatry 2009 Mar;70(3):362-9
- Familial aggregation of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Ann. Neurol. 2009 Jul;66(1):94-9
- Covariance component models for multivariate binary traits in family data analysis.
Stat Med 2008 Mar;27(7):1086-105
- Risk of suicide after suicide attempt according to coexisting psychiatric disorder: Swedish cohort study with long term follow-up.
BMJ 2008 Nov;337():a2205
- Schizophrenia and offspring's risk for adverse pregnancy outcomes and infant death.
Br J Psychiatry 2008 Oct;193(4):311-5
- Advancing paternal age and bipolar disorder.
Arch. Gen. Psychiatry 2008 Sep;65(9):1034-40
- Fertility of first-degree relatives of patients with schizophrenia: a three generation perspective.
Schizophr. Res. 2007 Mar;91(1-3):238-45
- Adverse pregnancy outcomes in mothers with affective psychosis.
Bipolar Disord 2007 May;9(3):305-9
- Familial aggregation of small-for-gestational-age births: the importance of fetal genetic effects.
Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2006 Feb;194(2):475-9
- Recurrence risks for schizophrenia in a Swedish national cohort.
Psychol Med 2006 Oct;36(10):1417-25
- Pawitan Y, Reilly M, Nilsson E, Cnattingius S, Lichtenstein P. Estimation of genetic and environmental factors for binary traits using family data - by Y. Pawitan, M. Reilly, E. Nilsson, S. Cnattingius and P. Lichtenstein, statistics in medicine 2004; 23 : 449-465 - Authors' reply. Statistics in medicine 2005;24:1617-8.
- Fetal growth restriction and schizophrenia: a Swedish twin study.
Twin Res Hum Genet 2005 Aug;8(4):402-8
- Estimation of genetic and environmental factors for binary traits using family data.
Stat Med 2004 Feb;23(3):449-65
- The importance of genetic and environmental effects for pre-eclampsia and gestational hypertension: a family study.
BJOG 2004 Mar;111(3):200-6
- Maternal and fetal genetic factors account for most of familial aggregation of preeclampsia: a population-based Swedish cohort study.
Am. J. Med. Genet. A 2004 Nov;130A(4):365-71
- Genetic influence on dystocia.
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2004 Sep;83(9):832-7
- Women with schizophrenia: pregnancy outcome and infant death among their offspring.
Schizophr. Res. 2002 Dec;58(2-3):221-9