In order to find new therapeutic and drug delivery systems for cancer treatment, we are also working on the development of new nanoparticle systems that can be applied in the treatment of cancer. We focus on using polymeric materials and advanced polymeric architectures for tuning physiochemical properties to our advantage. Current projects include combined siRNA and chemotherapeutic delivery.
This work is done in collaboration with Prof Dan Grandér and Assoc. Prof Theoharis Panaretakis at Oncology-Pathology Karolinska Institutet and Assoc. Prof Michael Malkoch at the Royal Institute of Technology.
Funding is provided via a collaboration grant from the Swedish Research Council Medicine.
- P. Lundberg, N. A. Lynd, Y. Zhang, X. Zeng, D. V. Krogstad, T. Paffen, M. Malkoch, A. M. Nyström and C. J. Hawker pH-triggered self-assembly of biocompatible histamine-functionalized triblock copolymers, Soft Matter 2013, 9, 82-89.
- Andreas M. Nyström, and Bengt Fadeel, Safety assessment of nanomaterials: implications for nanomedicine, accepted for publication in Journal of Controlled Release 2012.
- Neus Feliu, Marie Walter, Maria Montanez, Anders Hult, Andreas Nyström, Michael Malkoch, and Bengt Fadeel, Stability and biocompatibility of a library of polyester dendrimers in comparison to polyamidoamine dendrimers. Biomaterials 2012 Mar;33(7):1970-1
- Lily Yun Lin, Nam S. Lee, Jiahua Zhu, Andreas M. Nyström, Darrin J. Pochan, Richard B. Dorshow, and Karen L. Wooley, Tuning Core vs. Shell Dimensions to Adjust the Performance of Nanoscopic Containers for the Loading and Release of Doxorubicin, Journal
- Zhihua Wu, Xianghui Zeng, Yuning Zhang, Neus Feliu, Pontus Lundberg, Bengt Fadeel, Michael Malkoch, and Andreas M. Nyström, Linear dendritic polymeric amphiphiles as carriers of doxorubicin in vitro evaluation of biocompatibility and drug delivery, Jou
- Pontus Lundberg, Marie Walter, Maria Isabel Montañez, Daniel Hult, Anders Hult, Andreas M. Nyström, and Michael Malkoch, Linear dendritic polymeric amphiphiles with intrinsic biocompatibility: synthesis and characterization to fabrication of micelles an
- Andreas M. Nyström, and Karen L. Wooley, Construction of thermoresponsive SCKs through tuning the crystalline melting point of the core domain, Soft Matter, 2008, 4, 849-858.
- Guorong Sun, Aviv Hagooly, Jinqi Xu, Andreas M. Nyström, Zicheng Li, Raffaella Rossin, Dennis A. Moore, Karen L. Wooley and Michael J. Welch, Facile, Efficient Approach to Accomplish Tunable Chemistries and Variable Biodistributions for Shell Crosslinke
- Andreas M. Nyström, and Karen L. Wooley, Thiol-functionalized shell crosslinked knedel-like (SCK) nanoparticles: A versatile entry for their conjugation with biomacromolecules, Tetrahedron, 2008, 64, 8543-8552. PUBMED: 19727320.