Environment and sustainable development at FyFa
FyFa’s work with the environment and sustainable development is based on Karolinska Institutet’s guidelines:
- Through research and education contribute with knowledge on health and sustainable development
- Use energy efficiently and in the future become climate-neutral
- Reduce the climate impact of our business trips
- Set environmental and ethical requirements for our procurements and purchasing
- Minimize the health and environmental risks in the laboratory activities
- Sort waste at source and reduce the amount of waste
More information about Karolinska Institutet’s environmental and sustainability efforts.
FyFa’s goals for 2017 is to:
- Increase the share of sorted waste
- Spread information about environmental issues and sustainable development in our educational programs
FyFa's environmental and sustainability representative
Åsa Johansson is FyFa’s delegate for environment and sustainable development. The delegation from the head of department includes duties such as collaborating internally and externally, setting local goals and monitoring and following up these goals.
More about environment and work environment at FyFa
Internal environmental audits
Internal environmental audits against ISO 14001 are conducted annually. The audits are to cover KI in its entirety during a three year period, which basically means that a visit is paid to each department by the internal environmental auditor every three years.
FyFa was last audited during the fall of 2016.