Why study at KI?
Karolinska Institutet (KI) is a globally respected medical university marked by a passion for research and a drive to contribute to the improvement of human health. As a KI student, you can become an active part of that mission and open doors to a global future.
- It is a one-faculty university dedicated solely to the medical and health sciences with a reputation for top quality research and innovation.
- It is consistently ranked among the best universities in the world - especially within medicine and life sciences.
- There are international career opportunities for graduates, with close links to the public and private sectors throughout the time of study, as well as opportunities for further PhD studies - which are tuition free.
- Teachers at Karolinska Institutet often carry out research in parallel with teaching. This ensures that students are involved in the latest advances within the medical field.
- The Global Master's and Bachelor Programmes are taught entirely in English.
- The university incorporates an interactive teaching model that emphasises informal and close contact with teachers and facilitates the active participation of students.
- The Nobel connection: awarding the prestigious Nobel Prize every year has given Karolinska Institutet an invaluable contact network and a unique survey of medical research results worldwide.
- It is situated in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, which offers comfort and convenience: good public transport, history, culture, and business, surrounded by plenty of green space and blue water.
- Sweden is one of the safest countries in the world and nearly 90% of the general population speaks English.
"Being one of those big names and home to the Nobel Prize definitely put Karolinska Institutet among my first choices. KI is connected with the rest of the scientific community on both sides of the globe, so I knew it would open doors for me."
Haythem Ismail, Master of Biomedicine
Why our students picked us
If you would like to find out more on why to pick Karolinska Institutet for your studies, follow our blogging students.