The Karolinska Institutet Foundation Scholarships
The Board of Higher Education hereby announces the annual foundation scholarships for students. Applications may be submitted on the basis of academic qualifications and/or financial needs. The scholarships are awarded from a number of different foundations based on proposals by a grant board. The board reviews the applications.
All students at Karolinska Institutet are eligible to apply.
Eligibility for students applying on the basis of academic qualifications
You are eligible to apply for a self-driven project, if you meet the following criteria:
- have completed some other advanced study than an advanced study or project during your undergraduate or master’s education
- are not a doctoral student or have a PhD
- are not applying for funds (including travel grants) to sponsor part of the curriculum for your educational program.
The amounts awarded generally vary between SEK 4,000 and SEK 15,000.
Ranking of those who apply for financial needs, will be done according to the following: Highest ranking for persons not entitled to student aid AND with aggravating financial circumstances, followed by those not entitled to student aid. Lower priority is given those who are entitled to student aid, but have unavoidable extra expenses. Students with savings or saleable assets (stocks, mutual funds, vehicles etc.) are not prioritized. (Apartment and real estate are not regarded as saleable assets.) Neither students who have chosen to abstain student aid priority.
Those seeking funding for their scientific qualifications are assessed as follows: Absence of current research plan gives 0 points. Initiated research activity with research plan sponsored by supervisor gives 1 point. Ongoing research activity according to research plan with current abstract / manuscript gives 2 points. Ongoing research activity according to research plan with publication gives 3 points.
Applications and decision
Applications are submitted via this form. The form is to be filled out electronically, printed and signed. The applications will be treated confidentially and read only by the grant board and officers at the University Administration.
The application must arrive no later than 2:00 pm on October 2, 2018. Primarily we want you to email your application as a Pdf including attachments to email@example.com.Alternatively by post, in one copy to:
Stiftelser & Fonder
Nobels väg 15 A
171 77 Stockholm
Please note that any application arriving after the deadline will not be considered.
All applicants will be notified of the decision during December 2018.
In addition to the information on the form, the following must be sent or turned in:
1. Transcript (studiemeritförteckning) from LADOK/KIDOK
2. Proof of registration (registreringsintyg) for autumn semester 2018 from LADOK /KIDOK
3. Certificate from CSN, stating that you are not eligible to student aid (see the application form, page 3).
Those applying based on academic qualifications, need these additional attachments (see the application form, page 6):
4. Recommendation from supervisor
5. Statement from mentor representing the section or lab where the research is planned to be performed
6. Progress report (applies to those previously awarded this grant).