Information for exchange students
Before arriving in Sweden
Are you about to start studying in Sweden? It is important that you are informed of the medical preparations that you must do upon arrival at Karolinska Institutet.
Depending on your choice of study programme or course you might have to undergo MRSA testing (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus).
Before going on exchange
Some universities require vaccination and health declarations. Immunization requirements vary between universities and countries. Does the country you are going to have any requirements to get a visa?
Be aware that it can take a while, up to a month, before possible vaccinations, examinations and x-rays are complete and certificates can be issued.
It is important to make preparations well in advance!
CityAkuten Vaccination is a private clinic with whom the Student Health Centre cooperate when it comes to vaccinating students at Karolinska Institutet. They give all KI students a 15% discount.
CityAkuten helps you get a vaccinations certificate.
- Cost: 1 000–2 500 SEK
- Book appointment, tel 010-601 03 11. Remember to state that you are a student at KI.
How to prepare for your appointment
- Find out what the university requires and locate forms online.
- Locate documentation of your vaccination history (for example, school health records or childhood vaccination report) where your base vaccinations are recorded (MMR, Polio, Diphtheria/Tetanus). If your parents vaccinated you, ask for written documentation.
- If you or your parents do not have this information, seek help from your elementary school, or the municipal or county archive in the city or town in which you attended elementary school.
- You also need documentation (or a yellow vaccination card) of PPD, Hepatitis B and possible BCG vaccination as well as the Hepatitis B serology result that you received when you were vaccinated. If you no longer have the documentation, you can call the vaccination centre where you were vaccinated. Those The Student Health Centre has used include Quality Care on Riddargatan and CityAkuten Vaccination at Hötorget in Stockholm.
If you have questions, please contact the Student Health Centre.