Showcase your transferable skills and get relevant leads for industry using LinkedIn
This is the first workshop out of two with Mary Rose Hoja and each workshop stands alone, but you will get the most benefit from attending both since you will learn different skills from academia, and they will help you transfer even faster into industry. The second workshop is on February 23.
This workshop shows you how to use LinkedIn to market yourself and get leads in industry. KI alumna Mary-Rose Hoja will be our speaker and presenter extraordinaire for the workshop. Mary-Rose is a real pro on the subject of professional networking, self-promotion and selling, plus is an expert in the use of media tools such as LinkedIn (LinkedIn even tried to recruit her as an Ambassador). Mary-Rose has a busy consulting business training professionals and companies on strategic networking, digital marketing and LinkedIn for business, and is great fun to be around.
For this workshop, bring your laptop as we will be working with your profile.
- How to use LinkedIn and digital channels to showcase your skills and get relevant leads
- What your basic, static profile should look like, and what your minimum activity should be
- What to do before-during-after a professional meeting to generate leads
- What NOT to do
- How to invite people to connect on LinkedIn
- 5 things you should be doing next week on LinkedIn
Target group: PhD students and postdocs
So that YOU get the most out of these events, Mary-Rose has homework for you:
- DO email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with your answer to this question: "What's your number one struggle with marketing yourself and getting leads?"
- Contact 3 prospects you have been procrastinating to approach. Mary-Rose is more than happy to give you feedback on how it goes at the event.
Fully booked - regsitration closed
To learn more about Mary-Rose, and how to promote yourself using strategic networking, LinkedIn and other media, visit http://maryrosehoja.com
Contact person: Kerstin Beckenius