Applications open for Helsinki Summer School 5-21 August 2014
Helsinki Summer School (HSS) is a three-week academic event organised every August by the University of Helsinki, Aalto University and Hanken School of Economics. Each year we give advanced degree students from over 60 countries an unforgettable experience that combines high-level academic studies with a wide range of cultural and social activities.
HSS is open to students from all over the world. We also accept a limited number of applications from Finnish students, exchange students enrolled at Finnish universities and professionals. Participating to the summer course before or after the exchange period offers a great opportunity to prolong studies and of course experience the lovely Finnish summer with international student colleagues.
Application period is open!
For most courses, the applications are open until the day before the course begins (with some exeptions, see below). But the courses are filled on a first come, first served basis, and if you would like help arranging accommodation, you must apply before 1 June 2014.
This year we organize all together 16 courses that offer the students a great opportunity to deepen their knowledge for example in the themes of science fiction, environmental issues and design.
More detailed course descriptions and a link to our application system are available on our website: www.helsinkisummerschool.fi.
University of Helsinki
- Co-operative Enterprise Law
- Designing Sustainable Forest Landscapes: Ecosystem Services in the Future Ecology and Management of Urban Green Space Intensive Finnish (NB! Only for new University of Helsinki master's students)
- Intercultural Communication - Inclusion & Exclusion in Multicultural Society Introduction to Bioethics Measuring and Valuing Ecosystem Services (NB! Application period: 15.2.-31.3.2014, Course: 18.8.-5.9.2014)
- Politics of Nations in Contemporary Europe Post-socialist Societies and Cultures Roma and Travellers: Mobility, Persecution and Memory Science Fiction in Literature and Culture Visual Media and Global Politics The Welfare City
- Arts Marketing and Management
- Physics of Functional Materials
Hanken School of Economics
- Service Marketing and Design
If you wish to know more about Helsinki Summer School, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our website www.helsinkisummerschool.fi, or find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/helsinkisummerschool.