Admissions to Global Master's Programmes
Central online application system
Universityadmissions.se provides a central application system for higher education in Sweden.
Read more about prioritising/ranking your selections at Universityadmissions.se
Note: Do not send any documents to University Admissions in Sweden (Universityadmissions.se) before you have completed the online application.
Please note that all applications must be submitted online. Follow the instructions on Universityadmissions.se on how to apply.
Please note that no documents should be submitted directly to Karolinska Institutet.
16 October 2018 - 15 January 2019 (studies start autumn 2019).
Entry requirements for the master's programmes
Before you apply you need to check that you have the required academic qualifications and language skills. In order to be eligible you must meet both the general and programme-specific requirements.
General entry requirements
A bachelor's degree equivalent to a Swedish kandidatexamen, (180 higher education credits) from an internationally recognised university. The university has to be listed in the World Higher Education Database. Please also check the country specific requirements.
Specific entry requirements
In order to be eligible for a master's programme you also need to fulfil the specific entry requirements for the programme of your choice. The specific entry requirements vary depending on the field of study. You can find information about the specific requirements in the programme description.
English language requirements
Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary school courses English 6/English B.
Please read the instructions on how to document your English language proficiency at Universityadmissions.se.
Note: If you take the TOEFL test, please make sure you request the test results to be sent directly to University Admissions (Swedish Council for Higher Education University Admissions in Sweden DI code: 3477).
It is important that you follow the instructions on supporting documentation when you prepare your application. If you do not submit documentation according to the instructions on Universityadmissions.se you cannot be considered for admission.
Please note that there may be specific documentation requirements depending on the country in which you undertook your previous university studies.
Even though you might meet the entry requirements, this does not guarantee admission. When the number of applicants exceeds the number of places offered (which is normally the case) a selection among the eligible applicants will take place.
The selection is based on an overall assessment of your qualifications, such as your previous education, relevant work and research experience and statement of intent.
Applicants in their final year
Applicants in their final year can be conditionally admitted on the condition they have completed their degree by the start of the programme. Please follow the instructions For students in their final year of bachelor's studies.
- Find a programme that you wish to study
- Check that you meet the specific entry requirements for that programme (available under each programme description)
- Read the documentation requirements carefully and check whether you need to sign up for an English language proficiency test.
- Apply online at universityadmissions.se (the Swedish national application website).
- Pay the application fee of 900 SEK (if it applies to you), or submit proof of exemption from the application fee. Please note that University Admissions will not start to assess your documentation before they have received the application fee or the proof of exemption.
- Submit the required documentation to University Admissions in Sweden. Please check whether you have any documents which cannot be uploaded.
- Complete the CV form and upload it at your account at UniversityAdmissions.se.
- Apply for scholarships (if it applies to you). More information on scholarships available for students required to pay tuition fees.
- Follow your application online by logging in to your account at universityadmissions.se. The selection results will also be published there. If you get selected please remember to accept the admissions offer.
For information on key dates please visit universityadmissions.se
Read more on the most frequently asked questions among our applicants at FAQs - Global Master's Programmes
If you have questions regarding
- entry requirements,
- documentation requirements,
- admissions and selection procedures
please contact the Admissions Office at Karolinska Institutet:
Karolinska Institutet Admissions Office
|Phone:||+46 8 524 86250|
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9.30-11.30 AM
If you have questions regarding
- your user account at universityadmissions.se,
- application fee procedures
please contact Universityadmissions.se.