Processing of personal data for KI Alumni
Below we describe how we handle and use your personal data stored in our database for the alumni network.
About the alumni network
KI’s Alumni Network is an essential component and priority of Karolinska Institutet. The goal of our alumni activities is to support KI in its mission to conduct research and education and interact with society, nationally and globally.
Our alumni are valuable ambassadors for our university. By demonstrating possible career paths, our alumni are an important source of inspiration for both new and existing students. By disseminating the acquired knowledge around the world, our alumni are important for raising awareness of KI and the opportunities that studies at KI can lead to.
Collection and storage of personal data
The information we store about you has been obtained by completion of a form on the website www.ki.se/alumni
Personal data we store is:
- Details of your education (e.g. courses you have completed, study time, degree and year of degree, not grades)
- Unique personal identifiers (social security number, full name)
- Your contact information (address, email)
- Your communication preferences, to help us provide tailored and relevant communications
- Attendance at events
Processing of personal data
Your personal data is mainly used to get in touch with you, but also to maintain mutual commitment and to develop KI's alumni activities. We process your personal data e.g. when we send out:
- Digital newsletter
- Invitations to events
- News about KI
- News about engagement opportunities - letters, e-mails
We also process your personal data for:
- internal work for administrative purposes such as an event you participated in or registered for, or handling any feedback or complaints.
- assistance to KI departments who are seeking contact with alumni.
It is entirely up to you what you want to share with KI regarding your personal data. You also choose what type of communication you want. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com
You have the right to:
- ask us about access to, correction or deletion of your data.
- control which communication/marketing you want to receive.
- be forgotten and removed from our system.
How we protect your data
We ensure that we have appropriate data security agreements with our suppliers before sharing your personal data with KI. We do not sell personal data to third parties.
Our data protection officer is responsible for monitoring compliance with relevant legislation in relation to the protection of personal data and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.