Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunity at The Rockefeller University For Researchers from Karolinska Institutet
The Rockefeller University and Karolinska Institutet announces the availability of funding for one postdoctoral training position in basic science at The Rockefeller University in New York City, New York, USA. This fellowship is part of the Nicholson Postdoctoral Exchange Program established between Rockefeller and Karolinska Institutet.
The deadline for applications was Thursday, June 14, 2018.
The Nicholson Fellowship will provide up to two years of stipend support at the level of $54,500 in Year 1 and $58,500 in Year 2. The Fellowship will also cover the costs of health insurance and provide an additional $20,000 per year. These additional funds may be used to offset the costs of relocating to the US and/or to help cover research expenses. Acceptable research allocations include supplies, technical support, small equipment, and core resource center use; travel to scientific meetings; or other research needs. A Fellow serving less than a full two-year term will receive a proportional amount of stipend and additional support.
To be eligible to apply for this postdoctoral fellowship, applicants must:
- Currently hold a position as either a postdoctoral investigator or as a postgraduate student at Karolinska Institutet.
- Have earned a PhD and/or MD degree no earlier than June 6, 2015, to qualify for a two-year fellowship at Rockefeller (for applicants with a M.D. degree but no Ph.D. degree, evidence of a corresponding level of scientific competence must be presented in the application).
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who received their doctoral degrees between June 2013 and June 2015 are eligible to apply for one-year fellowships.
- Have a plan to perform postdoctoral studies at The Rockefeller University. Before submitting an application, candidates must already have been interviewed and accepted by a head of laboratory at the Rockefeller University.
Selection of the fellowship recipient will be made by a committee at The Rockefeller University. Decisions will be based on the qualifications of the applicants and the scientific merit and originality of their research plans.
Additional Information about the Fellowship
The successful candidate will receive fellowship support provided by the Nicholson Fund at The Rockefeller University.
The fellowship period is up to two years. Shorter visits can be arranged by the Nicholson Postdoctoral Fellow, in consultation with the appropriate mentors and administrators at Karolinska Institutet and Rockefeller.
The postdoctoral studies at Rockefeller University should start within one year of acceptance.
Cross-disciplinary training is encouraged.
Applications should be sent as a single PDF or Word document marked with reference number Dnr 2-2871/2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note: Letters of support may be submitted separately by the authors of the letters.)
The following documents should be included:
- A completed cover sheet (please see the attached form). This form is for administrative purposes only and will not be reviewed as part of the application.
- A letter of support from the research leader of the prospective host laboratory group at Rockefeller, stating that the candidate has been interviewed and accepted by the laboratory.
- Two additional letters of reference, including one from the candidate’s current laboratory head or equivalent.
- A description of past work and proposed research, not to exceed 1,000 words.
- A curriculum vitae, including dissertation date and title of thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, present position, academic awards, etc.
- A complete list of publications.
For information about the research areas of Rockefeller University, please see this website: https://www.rockefeller.edu/research/
For questions on Rockefeller University, please contact academic coordinator Dr. Per Svenningsson, e-mail: email@example.com
For questions about the KI application procedure, please contact international coordinator Johanna Diehl, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 08-524 86384