Nicholson Exchange Program Short-term Research, Education, and Technical/Resource Center/Administrative Staff Exchange at The Rockefeller University
The Rockefeller University and Karolinska Institutet announces the availability of funds for exchange positions that will allow Karolinska Institutet researchers, students, and other individuals to work in laboratories, resource centers, or administrative offices at The Rockefeller University, in New York, USA, for a period of up to 12 weeks.
Eligible applicants include Karolinska Institutet faculty, postdoctoral investigators, graduate fellows, research assistants, and technical/resource center/administrative staff. Cross-disciplinary training is encouraged.
Funding will be granted through the Nicholson Exchange Program, which was established to deepen cooperation between Rockefeller University and Karolinska Institutet. The selection of the candidates will be based on scientific merit (if relevant), justification of the proposal, and the potential for strengthening ties with Rockefeller University. Final selection of the candidates will be made by a committee at Rockefeller University. It is anticipated that applicants will be notified of award decisions in July 2018.
The deadline for applications is: Thursday, June 14, 2018.
To be eligible to apply for this funding, applicants must:
- Currently be employed or a student at Karolinska Institutet, e.g. as a faculty member, postdoctoral investigator, doctoral student, master student, research assistant, or technical/resource center/administrative personnel.
- Have made arrangements to work at Rockefeller University. Before submitting an application, candidates must already have been interviewed and accepted by a head of laboratory, resource center director, department head, or equivalent at Rockefeller University.
Information about the Exchange Position
Successful candidates will receive support from the Nicholson Fund, at a level determined to be sufficient to support the proposed travel to and stay at Rockefeller University. A committee at Rockefeller will decide the appropriate funding level, with consideration given to the proposed length of the exchange period (between one and 12 weeks).
The exchange period at Rockefeller University must take place within one year of receiving the award.
Applications should include the following:
- A completed cover sheet (please see the attached form). This form is for administrative purposes only and will not be reviewed as part of the application.
- A letter of acceptance from the prospective host head of laboratory, resource center director, or department head at The Rockefeller University, stating that the candidate has been interviewed and accepted by the laboratory/center/department.
- A letter of reference from the candidate’s thesis advisor, laboratory head, resource center/department head or equivalent, at Karolinska Institutet.
- A brief description of the applicant’s past work, the purpose of the proposed exchange, and the resources and facilities required for the applicant’s proposed work. This should not exceed 1,000 words.
- A brief budget and budget justification.
- A curriculum vitae and list of publications (the latter if relevant).
These materials should be compiled in a single PDF or Word document, marked with Ref nr Dnr 2-2870/2018 in the order listed above, and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the letters of support may be submitted separately by the authors of the letters.
For information about the Rockefeller University, please see this website: https://www.rockefeller.edu/
For detailed information on the different laboratories at The Rockefeller University, please see: https://www.rockefeller.edu/research/
For questions about the different research groups at Rockefeller University, please contact academic coordinator Per Svenningsson, e-mail: email@example.com or by phone 08-524 879 26.
For questions about the Karolinska Institutet application procedure, please contact international coordinator Johanna Diehl, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 08-524 863 84.