KI Alumni reunited in China
"KI ALUMNI CHINA network grows with local launch celebrations. More than 100 KI alumni and friends gathered at three separate receptions in China in October to celebrate the launch of KI’s first global chapter. The launch events provided an opportunity for KI’s alumni and friends to reunite, or to meet face-to-face for the first time."
Beijing – 13 October 2018
1. Nailin Li, KI Academic Coordinator for China, welcomed WRSA Deputy Secretary-General Dr Mingjie Zhang who presented a greeting from Zhu Chen, a KI Honorary Doctor and winner of Sjöbergs Prize.
2. Qunyuan Xu, former President of Capital Medical University, and KI’s oldest alumnus from China. Professor Xu came to KI in 1981 and defended his PhD thesis in the Department of Neuroscience in 1988. Watch the greeting Xu sent for the campus launch.
3. Chapter Ambassador Wenli Ye and board members Can Chen, and Jinzhi Hu presented their vision for KI Alumni China.
Group photo of alumni, friends and KI delegates.
5. The joyful dinner reception offered a blend of Asian cuisine and featured hairy crab, the local special.
The Beijing reception was held at the Vision Hotel, adjacent to Beihang University.
Shanghai - 16 October 2018
1. Special invited guest and close KI friend Sai Juan Chen, presenting collaborative research projects.
2. Alumnus Xu Zhang, Institute of Neuroscience, Chinese Academy of Science, who completed his PhD at KI in 1994 at the Department of Neuroscience.
3. Shanghai Alumni group photo
4. Alumnus Xu Zhang, Marianne Schultzberg KI Dean of Doctoral Education, Sai Juan Chen, Wenli “Claire” Ye Chapter Ambassador
5. Wenli “Claire” Ye Chapter Ambassador, Megan Osler KI Alumni Relations Office, Lisette Lindahl General Consul of Sweden.
The reception was held at the residence of the Swedish Consul General Lisette Lindahl in central Shanghai.
Jinan - 18 October 2018
1. Alumni are welcomed upon arrival for the reception.
2. KI Vice President Karin Dahlman-Wright speaks on the importance of alumni networks to the university.
3. Alumnus Ruisheng Duan (photo courtesy Weiwei Bian, PhD student, MEB)
4. Guests receiving a virtual campus tour of KI, prepared by current KI students.
5. Jinan Alumni group photo