General information: Time to defend your thesis
Dissertation should be advertised approximately 1 month before the disssertation.
Contact Åsa Malmquist and inform about:
- Day, time and place
- Dissertation thesis title
- Language - English or Swedish (Swedish is allowed if the opponent and all members of the Dissertation Committee can speak Swedish)
- Main supervisor - name, title, university and institute
- Co-supervisor(s) - name, title, university and institute
- Opponent - name, title, university and institute
- The Dissertation Committee members - name, title, university and institute
Opponent: Apply for SINK
Does the opponent have a Swedish social security number or coordination number (samordningsnummer)?
If not - you need to apply for SINK (special income tax for non-residents; särskild inkomstskatt för utlandsbosatta) at the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket).
You can do it via the link below:
Note that you need to choose the right income year.
Utlandsskattekontoret i Stockholm
Sektion 411, 106 61 Stockholm
Once you have received the SINK decision, the opponent's fee (10 000 SEK) can be paid, which is done directly to their bank account.
HR unit, Tomtebodavägen 18A, floor 5
Then send the following information to HR@cns.ki.se:
- SINK decision
- TIN number (tax registration number in home country)
- Bank details; IBAN, BIC/SWIFT, bank name
- Copy of Decision of the examination board from Public defence, where it appears that the person was an opponent
Doctoral education Administrator
Prefect assistant, contact for announcements and archiving
HR supervisor, HR@cns.ki.se
Director of Doctoral education
Tomtebodavägen 18A, floor 5 (Hiss 1)