Application and Admission
The Board of Research at Karolinska Institutet hereby announces one (1) exchange position at the Rockefeller University for research, education and technical/resource staff. Funding will be granted by Nicholson Exchange Program.
Eligible to apply for short term staff exchange are: Faculty members, postdoctoral trainees, doctoral students, research assistants, and/or technical/resource center personnel currently working at the Karolinska Institutet
The selection of the candidates will be based on scientific merit, justification of the proposal and its possibility to strengthen the interaction between Karolinska Institutet and the Rockefeller University. The final selection of the successful candidate will be made by the Rockefeller University.
You are welcome to apply for 1 to 12 weeks exchange period. The exchange period must end before January 31, 2014.
Prior to making an application, applicants are responsible for having been interviewed by a head of laboratory or research center director, and having made arrangements to work in the interviewer's laboratory or research center at the Rockefeller University.
The application should include the following documents:
- A brief description of the applicant's past work, the purpose of the proposed exchange and the resources and facilities required for the applicant's proposed work (max 2 A4-pages)
- A brief budget and budget justification
- A curriculum vitae and list of selected 10 publications. The CV should also list other support, including current and pending funding
- If applicable, a letter from a thesis advisor or relevant department head or research center director
- An acceptance letter from the proposed receiving institution laboratory head or technical/resource center director
Applications marked with Ref no 3-1087/2013 should be send to Karolinska Institutet, Registrator, Nobels väg 5, 17177 Stockholm or as pdf files to email@example.com, no later than May 31, 2013.