Blue Sky Research Grant for Innovative Cancer Research
Application deadline: Expired (Nov 15, 2011)
StratCan is announcing a project grant within cancer research for a well-defined innovative pilot project aiming at demonstrating proof of principle.
The project should be of a "high risk and high reward" type that cannot yet attract conventional funding. The aim should be to obtain proof of principle and thereby provide the basis to obtain other funding.
The call is open for all post-docs and PIs at KI and the research should be placed at Karolinska Institutet. The grant is a one-year grant amounting to SEK 500 000 and can cover all kinds of project-related costs.
The project will be assessed with regard to originality and potential impact. Members of the StratCan Executive board will select a short-list of high-quality applications that subsequently will be subjected to external assessment.
Detailed application instructions
The application should be written in English and contain:
- Research program (five pages maximum, including references)
- CV of the principal investigator (including current funding)
- Publication list
- Project budget
The CV should be written according to the following template:
- Current position, period of appointment, share of time spent in research.
- Previous positions and periods of appointment.
- Specialist certification or equivalent (year, discipline/subject area).
- Qualification as research fellow/associate professor (year).
- Postdoctoral experience (year, placement).
- Doctoral degree (year, discipline/subject area, dissertation title, supervisor).
- Higher education degree (year, subject area).
- Interruptions in research. If active research time has been interrupted to the extent that it affected the opportunity to acquire qualifications, e.g. by parental leave, clinical qualification or similar reasons (specify reason, time and dates).
- Fellowships, awards and commissions of trust.
- Current funding.
Finally, provide any additional information of importance to the application.
The publication list should contain your publications for the last eight years (2003-2011) in reversed chronological order. Please mark your ten most important publications with an asterisk and emphasize your own name in bold. Categorize your publications:
- Peer-reviewed original articles in international journals
- Peer-reviewed conference contributions (the results of which are not presented in other publications)
- Review articles, book chapters, books
Please send your application marked "Blue Sky Award" to