Lost or stolen mobile phone
If your mobile phone gets stolen or is lost, follow the instructions below.
1. Block the SIM card.
This is especially urgent if you are abroad and get your mobile phone stolen. To block the SIM card, contact the telephony administrator at your department or the IT Support at +46 (0)8 524 822 22 or email: email@example.com (will be answered during daytime). State your name and phone number and that you want to block your SIM card due to theft or that you have lost the phone. Also state to which KI address you want your new SIM card to be sent. If you need to make a police report, you can do so at their website. When you have blocked a SIM card, you need to activate a new SIM card. Your telephony administrator can help you with this. If your telephony administrator is unavailable, contact the IT support.
2. Block your mobile phone.
Blocking the mobile phone makes it unusable, even with a different SIM card. To block the phone you must first file a police report. When your report has been approved, you will receive a registration number that you give to the IT Support, who in turn will lock the phone for you at Tele2. If you should recover/find your phone you can contact the IT Support to unlock the phone. If you do not get your phone back, contact the telephony administrator at your department to order a new one.
Change of mobile phone
If you want to change to a new mobile there are several ways to save your contacts, pictures and other data. Below you can find a general description for iPhone and Android phones such as Samsung, HTC or Sony.
You can easily find manuals for all mobiles online, the best way is to search for your brand and model on google. Generally a lot of useful information can be found in these manuals.
Change from an iPhone
The following applies for everybody who wants to migrate data from an iPhone to another iPhone. Please make sure that you know your log in for you Apple ID. In your old mobile, choose "Back up now" in iCould in Settings. When your are starting your new mobile, again go to Settings and choose "back up from iCloud". You will then get all the data stored from your old phone.
Note! Before you hand in your phone, reset your phone.
Transfer contacts to your new phone - Android
The contacts in your phone can be saved in several ways. Go to Contacts, choose import/export an choose to either send your contacts as a file to your gmail-account, exchange-account, save in your phone or save on you memory card, in case your phone has one. Then you can open the file in your new phone and you can access the contacts.
Note! The process described above differs from different phone, but only marginally. In case you are keeping your SIM card, you can also copy your contacts to your SIM card.
Transfer pictures to your new phone - Android
The easiest way to transfer pictures and other documents is to use Google Drive. Check every app on your phone for the Google Drive icon. In case you can't find it, you may need to download Google Drive first (from Google Play or the App Store). In case you have many pictures to transfer, it might be a good idea to seperate them into severals folders in order to Before moving your pictures to Google Drive it might be a good idea to organize them into folders in order to facilitate the transfer.
To start the upload, go to your picture, choose the share icon, choose Google Drive and pick the pictures you want to transfer. They are then uploaded to Google Drive and you can easily access them via Google Drive's website. Use the same log in data as to your gmail-account. You can use this for every mobile phone, tablet or stationary computer.
Note! Before you hand in your phone, reset your phone.
Please be as specific as possible when you describe the telephony problem with your telephony administrator. Always state your name, extension, type of telephone (digital, analogue, MEX), roomnumber and if possible, your socket number. It will be easier for your telephony administrator to make an error report if he or she has all necessary information in advance.
Service for mobile phones
For service for mobile phones purchased in Wisum, please use the following links:
Contact your telephony administrator to order phones or related products. See available telephones and products by logging in to the web shop at IT Market (Wisum).
Mobile usage abroad
Taking your mobile phone with you abroad is done at your own risk. It can be very expensive if you don't shut off all automatic updates and synchronizations in the phone before travelling. Check before travelling that data roaming is inactivated.
The inactivation setting is found under "Wireless and network" and "Mobile networks". "Connect to data services when roaming" should be unchecked. A tip is to purchase a local pre-paid card when abroad. That way you have complete control over the costs.
Roaming within EU/EES
From June 15, 2017, new rules apply for mobile broadband in EU/EES countries.
- Everybody with a mex extension or stand-alone subscription can call, text and surf (only if your subscription is not blocked for roaming, which is the default setting) for the same price as in Sweden. Mobile Broadband subscriptions not included.
- Check with your telephony administrator at your institution which policy you have. In that case the telephone administrator can release your block at the operator (Tele2).
Note! When the roaming block is removed, you will be able to use mobile broadband anywhere in the world. Please be aware of that and be careful when surfing outside of EU/EES countries, as that might be very expensive.
Refer your phone
Refer your phone via the web (BluStar Web)
You can log in to BluStar Web and refer your telephone from any computer, where ever you are located. Clink on the tab “Aktiviteter” and choose the activity that you want to refer to.
Manual call transfer
To activate: *21* extension number#
To cancel #21#
To activate: *22# 00 external phone number#
To cancel: #22#
For mobile extensions (MEX)
Dial 333, wait for tone, then press referral codes, see below.
*23*0# = 1 hour
*23*1# next day
Gone due to official matters
*23*2# = 1 hour
*23*3# = 1 hour
*23*4# = the rest of the day
Taking care of child
*23*5# = for the time being
*23*6# = the rest of the day
*23*7# = the rest of the day
*23*8# = 15 minutes for the time being
*23*9# = the rest of the day
To cancel all referrals
Instructions for IP telephones
The telephone is ready to use when you receive it. If you pull out the jack or power outage you need to log in again. The phone will display "Användare ej inloggad, ange anknytningsnummer" (user not logged in, set number).
How to log in
Check that your five-digit number is diplayed after "Ange anknytningsnummer". Press the button below the text "Logga in". You are now logged in and can use the phone.
Log in via the speaker button.
Plug in the phone and the software will be downloaded automatically. To log in, type in your number when the screen shows "Användare". Confirm put pressing the "down" button.
Note for all IP phones! We recommend to not log out of your phone. In case somebody calls you when your log out, they will get the impression they've dialed an unvalid number. If you don't want to receive any calls you can redirect your phone instead.
Transfer your IP connection
Contact the telephony administrator at your department for both permanent and temporary transfer.
To another IP phone, temporary
- Find out the extension number of the phone you want to move your IP connection to
- Log out the phone whose extension you want to use temporarily and log in with your own extension. Calls to your number will now go to this phone. The original extension of the phone will not be available as long as your extensionis logged in on the phone.
Back to your own IP phone
- Log out your extension from the phone you have been using and log in with its original extension number again
- At your own phone, log in with your extension number. (Log out or delete other extensions first in case you need, and then log in with your number)
To another IP phone, permanent
- Find out the extension number of the phone you want to move your IP connection to and the room number your moving into. You also need the room number from the room you are moving from.
- Let your telephony administrator that you want to move your extension, as well as your old and new room number.
- Log out the extension on your new IP phone and log in using your connection number. Don't move the phone with you to a new room.
To rooms without an IP phone
Connact your telephony administrator. Have your socket and room number handy.
Programming of action button
All programming has to be done directly in the phone by the user. You can also program the codes manually. Do you want to redirect to e.g. your mobile phone in case you can't answer, please contact your telephony administrator.
- Transfer of own number, * 21* extension nr. # cancel # 21 #
- External transfer, * 22 # external code/extension nr. # cancel # 22 #
- Referring, * 23 * reason for referal, see list below * HHMM/MMDD # or only #. cancel # 23 #
Functions not available on an IP phone
- Secreterial funktions for another phone extension (manager / secretary function). This feature requires a digital phone.
- Monitoring multiple extensions on your phone device. This feature requires a digital phone.
- No Individual Speed Dial Numbers 0-9. Only KI short numbers are working, contact the IT support for this.
Use the conference service if you want to have a telephone meeting with several participants simultaneously.
- The person who is organizing the conference call chooses a four digit code, avoid easy number combinations. You don't have to order any codes in advance. Simply decide a four digit code that all participants enter at the time of the meeting. The code is active as long as someone is logged in on the conference call.
- Distribute the code to the conference participants.
- The conference participants dial (08-524) 823 00 and enter the four digit code. The conference call is now open.
The cost for external participants is like a normal call within Sweden. There are no extra charges added for joining a conference call. The person who starts the conference does not need to pay any external charge for using the service.
The conference service can also be reached from abroad. Simply dial +46 8 524 82300 to access it.
E-mail on your mobile phone
More information is available at E-mail.
Manuals for common mobile phones
Settings for new SIM-cards
Settings for SIM-cards is downloaded automatically by your telephone. If you upgrade from 3G to 4G, you may have to download 4G-settings manually from "Settings" in your phone.
My workplace is on the premises of the county (Landstinget) and I currently have telephony via SLL. Can I receive telephony through KI and be a part of KI's switchboard?
Yes, a mobile extension (MEX) will provide you with an extension in KI's switchboard if you work on the county's premises.
Can I make calls via KI if I work at Karolinska Hospital?
Yes, if you get a mobile extension (MEX), or if there are possibilities to call via VoIP.
Can organizational units currently not connected to KI's switchboard be connected via VoIP?
In certain cases, and depending on the existing data net, this will be possible. If a unit is interested in this, send an e-mail to IT Support. It is always possible to connect an organizational unit via a mobile extension (MEX).
How can I find out how much data I have left for my mobile subscription? (for both mex or stand alone mobile subscriptions)
Text DATA to 72661, and you will get an reply with your used and remaning data volume.