TEAK - Teaching In English
TEAK - Teaching in English at Karolinska Institutet is an English language course for teaching staff at Karolinska Institutet. The course takes place on Campus Solna. The TEAK course runs during half days in June and in August 2017 with two additional sessions (2 hours each time), in September and in October, 2017.
There are three levels of the course offered at KI, starting with TEAK- step 1 and then the participant can move on to the next level which is TEAK- step 2 and then TEAK step 3.
- TEAK-step 1: Introduction to/foundations of how to teach in English for teaching staff at KI
- TEAK-step 2: Continuation. Further and extended studies in TEAK step 1, taking into consideration the requirements and requests of the participants. Prior knowledge requirements: TEAK step 1
- TEAK-step 3: Advanced. Further and in-depth studies of areas covered in TEAK step 2, taking into consideration the requirements and requests of the participants. Prior knowledge requirements: TEAK step 2.
Registration for all courses and Important dates
Registration deadline was March 17, 2017!
- 17 March: Deadline for registration for course
- 21 March: For participants to TEAK 1: Instructions for language test are sent to registered teacher by British Institute. The test is online. The language test is used to place participants in groups depending on level of English
- 7 April: Deadline for the language test. Registration is binding
- 7 April: Deadline for decision on financing from Utbildningsnämnd (where relevant)
- 11 April: Information about groups, and venue for the course is sent all participants by British Institute, about groups, and venue for the course
TEAK - Step 1
TEAK- step 1 is the basic, foundational English language course offered for teaching staff a KI. On completion of the language pre-test for TEAK 1, the participants are divided into groups, based on their language level. The course takes place either in the morning or in the afternoon – the course you will be assigned to is dependent on the results of the pre-test (this may, in exceptional conditions, be subject to change).
Price: 3915 SEK/person for 29 lesson hours in total.
- 31 May and 1 June, morning or afternoon 8.30 -12.00 or 13.00-16.30
- 15-17Aug., morning or afternoon, 9.00 -12.30 or 13.00-16:30
- 7 Sept + 5 Oct. at 10.00-12.00 or 13.00-15.00
TEAK - step 2
TEAK-step 2: Intermediate (continuation). Further and in-depth studies of areas covered in TEAK step 1, taking into consideration the requirements and requests of the participants.
Price: 3240 SEK/person for 24 lesson hours in total
- 12 and 13 June, 9.00 to 12.00
- 22 and 23 Aug., 9.00 to 12.00
- 14 Sept + 12 Oct. at 10.00-12.00
Previous knowledge: TEAK step 1
TEAK step 3
TEAK-step 3: Advanced (extension). Further and in-depth studies of areas covered in TEAK step 2, taking into consideration the requirements and requests of the participants.
Price: 3240 SEK/person for 24 lesson hours in total.
12 and 13 June, at 13.00-15.00
22 and 23 Aug., at 13.00-15.00
14 Sept + 12 Oct. at 13.00-15.00
Previous knowledge: TEAK step 2.
Sheila Macdonald-Rannström is Head of Language Training at the British Institute in Stockholm.
Sheila is from Scotland and after studying Social Sciences at Edinburgh University she moved to Sweden, initially for a couple of years. However, she chose to stay on and has now worked at the British Institute since the early 90's. She has taught and supported language students from many different walks of life and professions, in groups and on a one-to-one basis.
For over 10 years now Sheila has worked extensively with many students of English through the British Institute's collaboration with Karolinska Institutet and was one of the strategic developers of TEAK, Teaching in English at Karolinska Institutet. These courses have addressed topics from conveying knowledge and learning in English to cultural considerations and challenges in a global learning environment.
Sheila holds a Master's in Education, majoring in Applied Linguistics.
Arbete: 08-545 45 370
Jakobs Torg 3, 4tr
111 52 Stockholm