The most successful method of online communication is the journalistic technique: write the most important thing first. Use this technique both when composing a text yourself and when publishing material that you receive from others.
Things to consider when writing a news tip
A concise headline grabs the reader's attention. Write in the present tense.
A brief lead-in summarising the news. Write the most important thing first.
Write simply, concisely and in short paragraphs. Here too, the most important thing should come first. Use subheadings, if necessary.
- Include your sources and their contact details.
- Include any relevant links.
- Send any attachements (prefereably as PDF files) with simple, clear names. Attachement names may not contain the letters å, ä, ö or other special characters.
- Send photographs, if any, stating the name of the photographer.
- Make sure that the news item is available both in Swedish and in English, if necessary.
Send your news to email@example.com