To be updated with project facts or converted to a page for contacts.
- Attractive premises with good communications – an optimal research environment for the recruitment of excellent scientists.
- Increased interaction and collaboration – An environment that encourages and supports creative meetings, without borders
- Excellent interaction between basic and clinical science and with the university hospital
- Efficient and flexible use of premises and equipment – Premises that can seamlessly be adapted to changing needs in a dynamic and evolving research context
Neo will give:
- Coworkers and students, our most important assets, the best possible conditions to work and develop
- New possibilities for our infrastructure
- Opportunities for change
- Optimal conditions for collaboration between and integration of research-groups, across departments and research areas
- A coherent preclinical and clinical research environment
- Increased interaction with the health care system in particular Karolinska university hospital, primary care and the municipalities in the close vicinity and education/KTH School of Technology and Health and Röda korsets and Södertörns högskolor.
- Simpler establishment, operation, and use of core facilities and expensive equipment
- Increased efficiency and improved service to core activities
- More efficient use of premises (fewer square meters per person)
The researchers that move into Neo belong to four different departments:
The Department of Biosciences and Nutrition (BioNut) - entire department consisting of 32 research groups working in the following research areas: Ageing; Bioinformatics; Bioorganic Chemistry; Cancer Biology; Chromosome Biology; Developmental Biology ; Neurobiology, Epigenetics; Functional Genomics; Molecular Endocrinology; Nutrition; Signal Transduction; Stem Cells and Structural Biology.
The Department of Medicine, Huddinge (MedH) - HERM consisting of 18 research groups focusing on hematopoiesis, blood disorders and the human immune system in the context of malignancy and infectious diseases and the Lipid laboratory.
The Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society (NVS) - The Division of Clinical Geriatrics (headed by Eric Westman with five research groups), parts of the Division of Neurogeriatrics (Jan Johansson and Anna Rising research groups) and the Division of Neurodegeneration (Erik Sundström´s research group)
The Department of Laboratory Medicine (LabMed) – Katarina LeBlanc and Robert Månsson research groups (part of HERM).
Core facilities that move in to Neo
From BioNut the core facility for Bioinformatics and Expression Analysis (BEA), Cryo Electron Microscopy (CryoEM), and the Live Cell Imaging facility (LCI).
From MedH the core facility MedH Flow Cytometry Facility.
From NVS and Clintec the KI stem cell and tissue bank (Erik Sundström, Fredrik Lanner).