KI Travel Grant 2017 (period 4)
The Board of Research hereby invites applications for funding from the KI Travel Grant.
Applications are invited from doctoral students admitted at Karolinska Institutet or researchers/visiting researchers working on KI. Priority is given to those who apply for a grant to visit institutions abroad for the purpose of learning new methods and/or working on a collaborative project.
The following conditions applies:
- The trip must be related to active participation in a conference, course or the like (poster or oral presentations, learning or developing methods, etc.) or other activities such as exchange, visiting laboratories etc.
- The allowance may not be used for any other trip than the one applied for. If the allowance could not be used, it should be paid back.
- You can not apply for costs paid by the organizer, such as conference fees or paid travel or hotel room when you are invited as a lecturer
- The amount applied for must be based on the lowest ticket fare available at the time of travel (see KI’s guidelines for travel at per diem and allowances)
- Only one application per person and application period may be registered.
Period of travel
The departure date must be between January 1 – June 30, 2018.
The application must be submitted digitally. The online form will be available through KI Prisma during the application period, October 3 – 17, 2017. The application period closes 2.00 pm.
Maximum amount for KI Travel Grant in Europe is 8,000 SEK and for other countries 14,000 SEK per person.
KI Travel Grant have a very high search pressure of approximately 200-300 applications per period, which means that the grant rate is between 40-50 % per period.
Decision of grant will be taken by the Board of Research. All applicants will be notified by e-mail in December.
See FAQ for detailed information on the assessment criteria.
Application forms are to be accompanied by one or more of the following documents:
- Abstract (compulsory for applicants going to a conference to present an abstract).
- Confirmation that an abstract has been submitted or accepted (compulsory for applicants going to a conference to present an abstract).
- Personal invitation to a congress or institution (compulsory for applicants invited to a conference as chairperson, lecturer, etc., or to a institution or lab).
- Course program and a declaration applied for or obtained admission is attached (compulsory for those seeking grants for course)
- For doctorial students a letter from the supervisor confirming the purpose of the trip, and the role of the applicant on this trip. For those who have passed half-time control, the confirmation letter should also certify this alternatively an extract from Ladok must be attached.
For questions regarding this call please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org