IT Service South
IT Service South is part of the project Coordinated IT Operations. The aim of the project is to offer six departments in Flemingsberg a shared IT infrastructure.
The six institutions included in IT Service South are:
- Department of Biosciences and Nutrition (BioNut)
- Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society
- Department of Dental Medicine (DentMed)
- Department of Laboratory Medicine (LabMed)
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology (Clintec)
- Department of Medicine, Huddinge (MedH)
A shared infrastructure includes:
- Increased safety for the employees’ computers due to e.g. security backups to a central server
- Centralized data storage in a modern environment with high resistance against outside threats
- A new process for IT support with a first line support who guaranteed will be available during office hours combined with a support team on site who can give extra support if needed
- More efficient administration process for ordering IT equipment and licenses
- Central multifunctional printers with “follow me” function, which allows you to use all printers in KI’s buildings and campus
- If possible, migration of the departments’ IT system to central servers
More than half of all personal computers at NVS, MedH, Labmed and Clintec have been adjusted. We will start working with BioNut and DentMed during 2018.
The adjustments are mainly the following:
- Move from the department’s local directory (AD) to the KI central equivalent. This means you will log on with your KI ID which gives you access to central systems without separate log on.
- Installing KI Cloud in order to back up files saved on the personal hard drive to prevent data loss if the computer is lost.
- The computer will be connected to the department’s file server where you save data which is to be shared with your research group or other organizational affiliation.
- Installing or updating a virus protection.
- Installing a tool for software inventory to secure KI’s licence compliance.
- Encryption of the hard drive which protects your research data if someone unauthorized would get hold of your hard drive.
Contact the support
A new support organization – Client Support South – is up and running. You can contact the group via firstname.lastname@example.org or 08-524 822 22. They are located at ANA 10, (Alfred Nobels allé 10), 4th floor.
Contact the project managers
If you want to know more about the project, feel free to contact Maria You, project manager for KI South, or Jan Värmon, project manager Coordinated IT Operations.