International Exchange for Teachers and other Employees
Take the opportunity to participate in an international exchange. Want to teach in Kenya or do a work exchange in France? Challenge your teaching skills in the UK or India? Get new perspectives on your work from an international colleague - the possibilities are endless.
What exchange programmes are there at KI?
- Erasmus+ - cooperation in Europe
- Erasmus Mundus - Europe/third country
- Linnaeus-Palme - cooperation with universities in countries outside the OECD
- Nordplus - cooperation with universities in the Nordic countries
How do I go about it?
Administrative staff - read more here
- Contact the international committee for your study programme, to discuss teaching possibilities. When it comes to Erasmus agreements for teacher exchange, they can be signed on department level as well. In that case, contact Kristina Jesinkey.
- Contact the administrator for the exchange programme you are interested in (Erasmus+/Linnaeus-Palme etc.)
- Get the exchange approved by the head of the department or your most immediate supervisor
- Contact the university you wish to visit to plan your stay.
- Register the exchange
- Read about the exchange programme in question
- Upon arrival home, file an expense report at your department
- Write a travel report
Common for all the exchange programmes is that you will receive a stipend up to a certain amount for your exchange. Your department is expected to cover costs exceeding the stipend you receive.
Your are always responsible for making the arrangements for your trip, such as contacting the partner university or organisation, booking tickets and accomodation, and planning the stay. Do not forget to check if you need a visa.
You will be covered by Kammarkollegiet's travel insurance when away, see more at:
Even if you are not a KI employee, you will be covered by the benefits when travelling on behalf of KI.