Infrastructure is becoming increasingly essential to research and education at Karolinska Institutet, in strategic-academic terms as well as financially. The role of the Infrastructure Committee is to coordinate resources and investments within KI and in relation to Stockholm County Council (SCC) and to national initiatives. The committee reports formally to the Board of Research and focuses mainly on research infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Committee, by decision by the Board of Research, is to inventory and monitor ongoing core-facility and research apparatus projects. The committee is also required to support the vice dean of infrastructure in his efforts to produce a strategy for university-wide initiatives in the field and with next year’s call for central funding for core facilities.
Committee members will sit for three years, starting 2017-2019, and work in small groups with the following primary focus areas:
- Core facilities
- Future technologies
- Electron microscopy
- Research Data Office (RDO) and e-infrastructure informatics
- High activity sealed source (HASS)
The Infrastructure Committee is led by the vice dean of infrastructure, who is also co-opted to the Board of Research, and takes its members from both KI’s academic and administrative sectors. The committee is also at liberty to co-opt and engage additional members. It currently comprises of the following members:
|Phone:||+46 (0) 8-524 871 96|
Members elected by the three faculty boards:
- Lars Frelin, Board of Research
- Cecilia Götherström, Board of Research
- Ellenor Mittendorfer-Rutz, Board of Research
- Lennart Nilsson, Board of Doctoral Education
- Lars-Arne Haldosén, Board of Education
Student representative: Daniel Holl
- Brun Ulfhake, Director Comparative Medicine
- Antonio Gigliotti Rothfuchs, Chairperson Biosafety Committee
- Lennart Ilke, Facilities Director
- Magnus Nordenskjöld, representative for the R&D Director at Karolinska University Hospital
- Ana Teixeira, researcher MBB
- Juni Palmgren, researcher MEB
- Anna Falk, Core Facility Coordinator
- Boel Brynedal, representative of Junior Faculty
The committee will receive central administrative support from the Faculty Office and International Relations. The aim is for the appointments to reflect a fair geographic spread and represent the interests of different parts of the organisation.
Minutes from the Infrastructure Committee are only available in Swedish.
News about infrastructure at KI
|Invitation to workshop on infrastructure – save the date!||20 Jun 2017|
|Questionnaire to support the planning of research infrastructure||22 May 2017|
|Coordinator for core facilities appointed||16 May 2017|
|Hello, Stefan Eriksson, KI's new Vice-Dean of Infrastructure!||03 May 2017|