The MTC FACS Facility
The FACS (Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorter) Facility at MTC is intended for MTC and KI users. Other external users are also welcome if time is available. We offer high speed cell sorting as well as advanced and general flow cytometry analysis.
Instruments and Analysis
Instruments for Cell sorting
One FACSVantage/DiVa equipped with a PowerMac G4 and a PC HP X4000 workstation. The sorter has two COHERENT laser units, one Dual, 488 nm and UV 360 nm, and one Multiline, 457.9-947.1 nm, and five detectors for fluorescence. It performs high speed sorting of up to four different cell populations. It can also sort directly on glass slides, microtiter plates or filters using an automatic deposition unit.
One MoFlo XDP with three lasers (488, 635 and 405 nm) and 11 color detection, linked to a HP workstation. It can sort four different populations simultaneously, and it can be used for cloning by sorting single cells into multi-well plates or onto microscope slides. This instrument gives a high yield as well as high purity and viability of sorted cells.
Instruments for Cell Analysis
- Two FACScans, with a 488 nm laser and three colors, linked to PowerMac G4 and operated via CellQuestPro software
- One FACSort, with two lasers: 488 nm and 633 nm, four colors, linked to a PowerMac G4 and operated via CellQuestPro software
- One CyAn ADP with two lasers: 488 nm and 635nm, seven colors, linked to a HP workstation and operated via Summit 4.3 software
- One BD LSR II with four lasers, 488, 532, 640 and 405 nm, 18 colors, linked to a HP workstation and operated via FACSDiva software
Computers for Data Analysis
- A Power Mac G4 station equipped with CellQuestPro, Modfit and CBA (Cytometric Bead Array) softwares
- A Mac Pro2.8 Ghz station equipped with FlowJo, CellQuestPro, Modfit and CBA softwares
- A HPxw4600 workstation equipped with FACSDiVa 6.0 and Summit 4.3.1 softwares
Responsible for operations