The Ming Wai Lau Centre for Reparative Medicine announces the first three Assistant Professors to join its unit in Hong Kong.
Ming Wai Lau Centre for Reparative Medicine (MWLC) is proud to announce the three first junior researchers to be awarded positions as Assistant Professor in Hong Kong. Drs Sijie Chen, Linxian Li and Zongli Zheng have particularly outstanding scientific merits and future potential. They bring knowledge and technologies to strengthen KI's research in stem cell biology, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, and regenerative medicine. The newly recruited Assistant Professors will establish research partnerships with top universities in Hong Kong, KI in Sweden as well as scientific communities globally.
- Eligible to apply were candidates graduated with a PhD or attained a corresponding level of scientific competence after 1 January 2009.
- Candidates in all areas of regenerative medicine could apply.
- Evaluation was done by peer review by international experts outside of KI, on the basis of scientific expertise and the scientific quality of their projects.
- The steering group of MWLC took the final decision to award the positions based on the external review and interviews.
- Decision was announced on 22 December 2016.