Grants - SFO-V
The Strategic Research Area Health Care Science invites applications for funding for up to four Postdoctoral Researchers/Assistant Professors in health care science 2017-2019
The Strategic Research Area Health Care Science at Karolinska Institutet is looking for researchers and leaders for the future. This call for funding for junior researchers is within the areas of Co-creation, Self-management, eHealth and/or Bio-behavioral health care science.
Please see below for complete information and application process.
Closing date: February 13, 2017 (noon)
Global Bridges to Advance Health Care Research Careers for Junior Researchers 2017
The initiative is designed to address the goals of the research program, which are to enhance the expertise, the number of funded post-docs and junior researchers, and to strengthen international collaboration in health care sciences.
Junior researchers in health care sciences at KI with a PhD, maximum 7 years after thesis defense, can apply. One junior researcher or a small group of two or three junior researchers affiliated with KI should suggest an established international scholar (i.e. outside Sweden), with whom they would like to initiate research collaboration.
SFO-V has approved six applications for Global Bridges 2017. Six international senior researchers have been nominated and will receive an invitation to Stockholm.
Previous funding decisions
Internationalisation programme 2015
In order to encourage international contacts and collaborations in the field of health care research, SFO-V invited junior researchers to apply for funding for one visit (up to 3 months) or several shorter visits to a university or research institute outside of Sweden. This grant is intended to cover travel costs, living expenses, and accommodation not covered by other funding. Eligible to apply were all junior researchers with a PhD earned during the last seven years (between May 31, 2008 and May 31, 2015) who are not yet associate professors and who are employed at or affiliated to any department at Karolinska Institutet.
Global Bridges to Advance Health Care Research Careers for Junior Researchers
One junior researcher or a small group of two or three junior researchers affiliated with KI should suggest an established international scholar (i.e. outside Sweden) in an application to SFO-V with whom they would like to initiate research collaboration.
The initiative to launch support for junior researchers in Health Care Research at KI is designed to address the goals of the research program which are to enhance the expertise and the number of funded post-docs and junior researchers and to invite international researchers in health care research to collaborate. In launching Global bridges to advance health care research careers for junior researchers, the SFO-V hopes to support long lasting international collaborations for the future, which is essential for all future developments in health care research at KI. Furthermore, the program is envisioned as initiating new long lasting international collaborations that bridge theory and practice and aid in globalizing health care research. This new initiative aims overall to increase international collaborations by attracting top international scholars in health care research. The collaboration can take the form of research projects, exchange programs and visits. By providing financial support and invite at least five (5) international scholars to visit KI in Stockholm, Sweden, for one week, this program will facilitate the building of networks and future collaboration between junior researchers and international scholars.
Research grants to present PI:s of Strategic Research Area in Care Sciences 2015
Decision has been made for grants of 2 000 000 SEK to the following:
- Kristina Alexandersson
- Lena Borell
- Mats Brommels
- Eva Nissen
- Christina Opava
- Carol Tishelman
- Lotta Widén Holmqvist
Research in Health Care Sciences 2013-2014 - for research groups
Decision has been made for grants of 1000 000 SEK for each year.
Research projects in Care Sciences
In total, 112 applications was registerered, of which 88 applications was from Karolinska Institutet (KI) and 24 from Umeå Universitet (UmU).
Decision has been made for funding 30 of these applications; 20 from KI and 10 from UmU.
Appointment as researcher
Decisions for employment as researcher 2012-2013 have been made as follows:
- Ingegerd Hildingsson - Women and child health
- Lotta Widén Holmqvist - People living with long-term disability
- Staffan Josephsson och Anders Kottorp - Older adults living with activity limitations and participation restrictions
- Yvonne Wengström - Cancer and palliative care
- Göran Tomson - Health systems, policy, management, informatics and economics
Decision for employment as researcher 2012 has been made as follows:
- Birgit Rasmussen - Cancer and palliative care
Decisions for employment as researcher 2011-2012 have been made as follows:
- Lena Krumlinde Sundholm, Eva Nissen - Women and child health
- Kristina Alexanderson, Christina Opava, Lena von Koch - People living with long-term disability
- Louise Nygård, Staffan Josephsson, Mark Luborsky - Older adults living with activity limitations and participation restrictions
- Carol Tishelman, Yvonne Wengström - Cancer and palliative care
- Mats Brommels, Lars Wallin - Health systems, policy, management, informatics and economics
Mission as core-leaders 2011-2015
SFO-V have finished the recruitment process regarding mission as core leaders with focus on one of SFO-Vs areas of research. Decision has been made, as follows:
- Eva Nissen - Women and child health
- Christina Opava - People living with long-term disability
- Per-Olof Sandman (2011-2014), Louise Nygård (2014-2015) - Older adults living with activity limitations and participation restrictions
- Carol Tishelman - Cancer and palliative care
- Mats Brommels - Health systems, policy, management, informatics and economics