Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
The sexual and reproductive health an human rights research team focuses on promoting equity in sexual and reproductive health services, prevention, treatment and care of sexually transmitted infections including HIV. To this end, they work closely with the HIV/AIDS team. The team also takes a specific research focus on sexual health amongst children and young people. The group uses qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods approaches.
Other on-going and recent research projects
- Female Genital Mutilation in Sudan and Sierra Leone
- Working Children, Their Working Environment and the Regulations Protecting Them in Ethiopia
- Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) Programmes in Kenya
- Maternal Mortality Programme in Tanzania and Mozambique
- Female Sex Workers in Savannakhet, Lao PDR Perceptions, Care Seeking Behaviour, and Barriers Related to STI Services in Laos
- Use of Contraceptives Among Young People in Two Districts in Uganda
- Post-abortion care (PAC) in Uganda and Kenya
For information on the projects please contact Elisabeth Faxelid.