Senior Postdoctoral Fellow | Host-gut microbiome metabolic interactions
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Center for Integrative Genomics, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 2009-2013
- Ph.D (Science), in Division of Pharmacology, Central Drug Research Institute, India, 2009.
- Masters in Science (Zoology) with specialization in Molecular and Applied and Clinical Genetics), Banaras Hindu University, India, 2002
- Bachelor in Science (Zoology), University of Calcutta, 2000.
Our microbiome – the microbes that live in and on our bodies is one of the ignored organs of the human body. We are just beginning to realize the full potential of the human microbiome and its significance to health and disease. My interest lies in how physical activity alters microbiome diversity and affects skeletal muscle function. A better understanding of the microbiome-host interaction through lifestyle modification, such as exercise, will help us to address how to promote healthy aging in the elderly.
- Supervisor of KI Biomedicine Master's Research Project
- Teaching assistantship for “Travaux pratiques de Biologie cellulaire et moléculaire” (Bachelor of Sciences Year I) at Center for Integrative Genomics, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 2009-2013.
- Involved in supervising graduate and post-graduate students during doctoral tenure
Academic honors, awards and prizes
- Research Grant from "The European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism" (ESPEN), July 2016-June 2017
- Advanced Mobility Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), February 2014- February 2016
- Merit certificate in appreciation of the best Business plan presented in “Technology Led Entrepreneurship” training progam organized by Human Resource Development Group of CSIR (Govt. of India), 2009.
- CSIR Senior Research Fellowship (2006-2009)
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR, Govt. of India) fellowship for teaching/Lecturership-2001
- Short talk In Cell Symposia-Exercise Metabolism on “Regulation of skeletal muscle function by the indigenous gut microbiome” (July 12-14, 2015; Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Delivered guest lecture In Workshop 233 “Intestinal microbiota: from bench to bedside” (April 13-15, 2015) organized by Institut national de la santé et de la recherché médicale (Inserm) on “Gut microbiota: muscling with muscle?”
- To Post-graduate students and Faculty/staff members in the Department of Pharmacology, Chhatrapati Sahuji Maharaj Medical University (K.G’s Medical University), Lucknow, on the topic “Molecular Biology Techniques in Pharmacology”, 2008.