I started my studies at Karolinska Institutet as a master student in 2013. Currently, I am on my third year of my PhD studies at the Department of Neurobiology, Care Science and Society (NVS) at the Center for Alzheimer Research.
Currently I am also a member of the Student Council at NVS as a Deputy Chairman (http://ki.se/en/nvs/the-doctoral-student-council-at-nvs).
- Master of Science from Stockholm University (Sweden).
- Bachelor of Science from Univeristy of Porto (Portugal).
My main project is focused on mitochondria-ER associated membranes (MAM/MERCS). In our group we try to understand the role between this subcellular region and Alzheimer's disease (AD) - with special interest in Aβ production. We are interested as well in the relationship between MAM, Aβ production and autophagosome formation.
I am also involved in side projects with colleagues including:
- Identify new proteins and their respective functions at MAM;
- Characterization of mitochondria in differentiated neuronal cells;
- Characterization of MAM in synapses.