I am an Associate Professor of Clinical Epidemiology (Docent) at Karolinska Institutet, and Assistant Professor (FoAss) at the Centre for Translational Microbiome Research, Karolinska Insitutet. Although I have a broad interest and experience in different clinical topics; my main focus is to investigate the long-term effects of commonly prescribed drugs on female health and diseases of the gastro-intestinal tract.
I also teach and supervise students from undergraduate to doctoral level, and I am course organiser of 1 course at doctoral level (How to conduct systematic reviews and meta-analyses, course 2790).
I am also a member of the steering board of Junior Faculty and SFO epidemiology (both at Karolinska Institutet: see links)
- Master in Medicine (MD), Ghent University (Belgium), 2008.
- PhD in Medical Sciences, Thesis: "Severe burn injury: Some determinants of epidemiological and surgical outcomes, Ghent University, Belgium, 2010.
- Master in Hospital Hygiene and Infection Control, Ghent University (Belgium), 2010.
- Master in Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (United Kingdom), 2015.
- Docent in Clinical Epidemiology, Karolinska Institutet, 2015.
- First post-doc: Dept of Internal medicine and Infectious diseases, Ghent University, Belgium (2010-2012)
- Second post-doc: Upper-gastrointestinal surgery, Dept of Molecular medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Insitutet (2012-2016)
- How to conduct systematic reviews and meta-analyses (KI PhD course 2790), since 2014
- Study design in clinical research (KI PhD course 1794), 2013-2015
Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching at Karolinska Institutet and Ghent University, total > 800 hours (including supervision): including study design, systematic reviews and meta-analyses, and other basic and advanced topics within epidemiology and clinical research.
Academic honors, awards and prizes
Awarded research funding as prinicipal investigator:
- SFO: Strategic Funding in Epidemiology (Karolinska Institutet): Young Scholar Grant (2014) (http://ki.se/en/research/the-strategic-research-area-in-epidemiology-sfoepi)
- Julin funding (2014)
- Bengt Ihres Fond (Svenska Läkaresällskapet) (2014)
- KI fonder (2014-2017)
- Svenska Läkaresällskapet (2015)
- KID funding: Karolinska Insitutet delfinansiering för nya doktorander (2015)
Awarded research funding as co-applicant
- KID funding: Karolinska Insitutet delfinansiering för nya doktorander (2014)
- SIMSAM (Swedish Initiative for Research on Microdata in the Social and Medical Sciences) (2014-2018)