I am an Associated Professor in epidemiology and a senior lecturer in public health epidemiology. My research area is injury epidemiology and prevention, especially road traffic injuries and burn injuries. One area of research is to deepen the knowledge about socio-demographic factors behind injuries and another area is to evaluate interventions aiming at a reduction of injuries especially in low- and middle-income countries.
Since 2008 I am the Director of Doctoral Education at the Department of Public Health Sciences and responsible for the doctoral programme in Public Health Science at Karolinska Institutet.
- 2008 Associate professor (docent) in epidemiology, Karolinska Institutet
- 2004 PhD in social medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet
- 1985 B.A. Sociology, University of Stockholm
Current research projects
- Quality of life after road traffic injuries
- M-Health for burns diagnostics and care in South Africa and Tanzania
- Road traffic injury prevention and care in Tanzania
- Prevent accidents and injuries on the road – strengthening preventive efforts and enforcing speed management in Oman