PhD student at Karolinska Institutet since november 2012.
Analyst at the Public Health Agency of Sweden, Unit for Health and Sexuality, Solna, Sweden, since 2007.
- National HIV prevention in counties and non-governmental organisations,
- R&D projects on key populations for HIV prevention such as men who have sex with men,
- R&D projects on prostitution, people travelling abroad, LGBT and sexual health.
Previous professional experience from non-governmental organisations in Sweden and Thailand, living and studying in Southeast Asia and working as a freelance journalist.
Politices Magister/M.A Political Science, Lund University, 2004
- M.A thesis: Prostitution Perspectives: An Analysis of Swedish Solutions to the Problem. (available in Swedish and Dutch).
- B.A thesis: The role of NGOs in HIV/AIDS work in Cambodia. Field study with a Minor Field Study grant from Sida.
B.A Informatics, Lund University, 2002
- B.A thesis: Job satisfaction and the Pharmacy Computer Terminal System. A case study of the Pharmacy Distribution Unit (in Swedish).
PhD project: Determinants of risky sexual behaviour among men who have sex with men in Sweden.
Objective: To explore and analyse risk and protective factors for HIV transmission among men who have sex with men seeking contact with other MSM on the internet, in Sweden.
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- Sida Scholarship, 2003, Minor Field study, Cambodia.
- Margareta Möllestad scholarship, Bjuv, 2004, Journalism scholarship, study trip to Ukraine.
- Gyllenstiernska Krapperupsstiftelsen, Sweden, 2005, Grant for M.A thesis related work.
- Lund University Summer Science School, Department of English, 1998. Project: “The use of intensifiers in learner language”.