I am a postdoctoral scientist in Professor Kenneth Chien's lab. Before moving to Sweden in 2013, I studied medical biotechnology in Italy and completed a PhD in molecular biology in Austria. I also have an interest in science communication, and in the autumn of 2016 I did a two-month internship as a science journalist for the RadioScience podcast.
- 2008-2013 PhD Molecular Biology - Vienna, Austria
- 2005-2007 MSc Medical Biotechnology - Naples, Italy
- 2002-2005 BSc Biotechnology - Naples, Italy
My current research focuses on stem cells and heart development. By using a combination of cell-sorting purification methods, RNA sequencing and in vitro cardiomyocyte differentiation in human embryonic stem cells, I try to characterize the genetic signature of cardiac progenitor cells.
Academic honors, awards and prizes
- 2014-2016 EMBO Long-Term Fellowship
- 2007-2011 Vienna BioCenter PhD Fellowship