- PostDoc at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA.
- Ph.D. Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
- MSc. Stockholm Research School in Molecular Life Science.
- MSc. Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden.
We are mainly focusing on the following overarching topics:
1. Metabolic Adaptations to Oncogenes and Tumor Suppressors.
2. Metabolic Signal Transduction.
3. Metabolism in Cancer vs. Normal cells.
4. Metabolic Control of Epigenetics.
5. Metabolic Control of Responsiveness to Clinically relevant Anti-cancer Regimens.
Two Financed Postdoctoral Positions, start date Jan 2016. Please send you application and CV to: email@example.com
1. Wu R, Galan-Acosta L, Norberg E. Glucose Metabolism Provide Distinct Prosurvival Benefits to Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinomas. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 May 8;460(3):572-7.
1. Stanley I, Ribeiro S, Gimenez-Cassina A, Norberg E, Danial NN. Changing appetites: The adaptive advantages of fuel choice. Trends in Cell Biology. 2014 Feb;24(2):118-27
2. Caro P#, Kishan AU#, Norberg E#, Stanley IA, Chapuy B, Ficarro SB, Polak K, Tondera D, Gounarides J, Yin H, Zhou F, Green MR, Chen L, Monti S, Marto JA, Shipp MA, Danial NN. Metabolic signatures uncover distinct targets in molecular subsets of diffuse large B cell lymphoma. Cancer Cell. 2012; 16;22(4):547-60.
# Co-First Author
3. Norberg E, Karlsson M, Korenovska O, Uhlén P, Orrenius S, Zhivotovsky B. Critical role for hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel 2 in the AIF-mediated apoptosis. EMBO journal. 2010; 29(22):3869-78
Academic honors, awards and prizes
- Dimitris N Chorafas Prize - for best Ph.D. thesis at the Karolinska Institute 2011.
- The Lennart Philipson Award and Grant 2015 - Awarded biannuallly to one researcher at the Karolinska Institute.