- Computer Science background and MSc in Health Informatics, Project Coordinator at Data Analytics and Mining Lab of Laboratory for Emerging Technologies in Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics, Karolinska Institutet since June 2013.
- Consultant and research supervision of the ERASMUS+ funded project MEDCIN (Medical Curriculum Innovations - medcin-project.eu).
- MedBiquitous Standards Committee - consensus body for all MedBiquitous American National Standards (medbiq.org)
- Curriculum Inventory and Competencies working groups - Medbiquitous (medbiq.org)
- Educational data mining, analysis and visualization research group at Institute of biostatistics and analyses - Masaryk University (http://www.iba.muni.cz/index-en.php?pg=research--groups&prid=194).
- IBM Academic Initiative program
Independent coursework beyond my formal education:
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence; Building a Search Engine; Big Data in Education; Data Visualization; Data Science; Hadoop and Big Data Analytics; Machine Learning for Data Analysis; Cognitive Computing IBM Watson Academy
My research focus is on the application of cognitive computing and Big Data and Analytics techniques (such as data mining, machine learning, big data and analytics design patterns) for supporting human critical thinking, reasoning and decision making in various healthcare contexts. Publications:
Using Competency-Based Digital Open Learning Activities to Facilitate and Promote Health Professions Education (OLAmeD): A Proposal.
JMIR Res Protoc 2016 Jul;5(3):e143
Big data in medical informatics: improving education through visual analytics.
Stud Health Technol Inform 2014 ;205():1163-7
Visual analytics in medical education: impacting analytical reasoning and decision making for quality improvement.
Stud Health Technol Inform 2015 ;210():95-9
AUVA - Augmented Reality Empowers Visual Analytics to explore Medical Curriculum Data.
Stud Health Technol Inform 2015 ;210():494-8
OPTIMED Platform: Curriculum Harmonisation System for Medical and Healthcare Education.
Stud Health Technol Inform 2015 ;210():511-5
Practical use of medical terminology in curriculum mapping.
Comput. Biol. Med. 2015 Aug;63():74-82
Curriculum Mapping with Academic Analytics in Medical and Healthcare Education.
PLoS ONE 2015 ;10(12):e0143748
Course director of the elective course "Designing eLearning interventions in healthcare education" of the health informatics master's program.
Academic honors, awards and prizes
- The paper ''Practical use of medical terminology in curriculum mapping'' was listed in Meritorious Papers of Computers in Biology and Medicine Journal - Elsevier
- A visualization approach in mapping and visualizing learning outcomes and teaching methods of one course in an undergraduate medical program has been awarded with the first prize in the most novel use of a visualization tool from National Resource for Network Biology. The entire study (Visual Analytics in healthcare education: Exploring novel ways to analyze and represent big data in undergraduate medical education) is listed above.