My main research interest relates to the understanding of toxicokinetic and toxicodynamic process in organism. I analyzed and modeled the uptake of chemicals and the resulted effects in the algae strain Scendesmus vacuolatus and the fish embryo Danio rerio. I currently focuse on the toxicokinetic modeling of chemicals in the model organism zebrafish embryo and how effects can be progressed over an event chain. Fish embryo has rose attraction as alternative system for animal testing which enables the refinement, reduction and replacement of vertebrate systems in (eco)toxicology.
- Massei, R., Vogs, C., Renner, P., Altenburger, R., Scholz, S. (2015): Differential sensitivity in embryonic stages of the zebrafish (Danio rerio): the role of toxicokinetics for stage-specific susceptibility for azinphos-methyl lethal effects. Aquat. Toxicol. 166. 36-41
- Vogs, C., Kuehnert, A., Hug, C., Kuester, E., Altenburger, R., (2015): A toxicokinetic study of specifically acting and reactive organic chemicals for the prediction of internal effect concentrations in Scenedesmus vacuolatus. Environ. Toxicol. Chem., 32(5), 1161 - 1172
- Faust, M., Vogs, C., Rotter, S., Wöltjen, J., Höllrigl-Rosta, A., Altenburger, R., (2014): Comparative assessment of plant protection products: how many cases will regulatory authorities have to answer?. Env. Sci. Eur. 26 , art. 11.
- Kuehnert, A., Vogs, C., Altenburger, R., Kuester, E., (2013): The internal concentration of organic substances in fish embryos -- a toxicokinetic approach. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 32 (8), 1819 - 1827
- Vogs, C., Bandow, N., Altenburger, R., (2013): Effect propagation in a toxicokinetic/ toxicodynamic model explains delayed effects on the growth of unicellular green algae Scenedesmus vacuolatus. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 32 (5), 1161 - 1172
- Liu, Z., Flury, M., Harsh, J.B., Mathison, J.B., Vogs, C., (2013): Colloid mobilization in an undisturbed sediment core under semiarid recharge rates. Water Resour. Res. 49 (8), 4985 - 4996