Adrian Levitsky is a Research Technician and Ph.D. Student at Karolinska Institutet's ClinTRID unit for Clinical Therapy Research, Inflammatory (Autoimmune) Diseases. Here, he works with diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus and pursues initiatives in rheumatology with predicting disease course by simulation, biomarkers, imaging, as well as the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
Ph.D. Medical Science (Expected, 2017), Karolinska Institutet
M.Sc. Global Health, Karolinska Institutet
B.Sc. Human Factors Psychology; MR. Aerospace Life Sciences,
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Theme for doctoral projects: Predicting disease course in early rheumatoid arthritis: Imaging, biomarkers, and complementary medicine
1. Predicted versus observed radiographic progression in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (POPERA) in randomized trials
2. Biomarkers and lifestyle factors (body mass index) and their prediction of the inflammatory disease process of early rheumatoid arthritis
3. Fluorescence optical imaging: a novel tool evaluated for diagnostic utility in early rheumatoid arthritis
4. The use of complementary and alternative medicine and outcomes in patients with arthritic or rheumatic conditions
- Early treatment intensification induces favourable radiographic outcomes according to predicted versus observed radiographic progression in early rheumatoid arthritis: a subanalysis of the randomised FIN-RACo and NEO-RACo trials.
Clin. Exp. Rheumatol. 2016 Aug;():
- Clinical roundup: selected treatment options for rheumatoid arthritis. Kaltenborn manual mobilization. Levitsky A, Kisten Y, Sundberg T, van Vollenhoven R. Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 2016 Aug;22(4):175.
- Detection of clinically manifest and silent synovitis in the hands and wrists by fluorescence optical imaging.
RMD Open 2015 ;1(1):e000106
- Predicted vs. observed radiographic progression in early rheumatoid arthritis (POPeRA): results from a randomized trial.
Scand. J. Rheumatol. 2015 ;44(5):348-53
- Treat-to-target in systemic lupus erythematosus: recommendations from an international task force.
Ann. Rheum. Dis. 2014 Jun;73(6):958-67
- Biologics in SLE: towards new approaches.
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 2013 Jun;27(3):341-9
- Rituximab in the management of systemic lupus erythematosus. Levitsky A, Linder S, van Vollenhoven R. Rheumatology Science and Practice / Науч-практич ревматол 2013 Apr; 51(3):223–239.
International Development of Traditional Medicine/Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research – What Can Europe Learn? Hök J, Lewith G, Weidenhammer W, Santos-Rey K, Fønnebø V, Wiesener S, Falkenberg T. Forschende Komplementärmedezin 2012 Nov;19(suppl 2):44–50.
Academic honors, awards and prizes