Key features of the STARGET initiative
- Conceptually focused on studies of paracrine interactions between different tumor cell types.
- Encompasses studies in basic biology, tumor biology, pathology and oncology.
- Emphasizes analyses of human tumors to maintain translational relevance.
- Integrates explorative research with collection and development of intellectual property.
- KI-based cancer research network presently composed of 7 interacting groups.
- The only Linné center dedicated to experimental cancer research.
- Supported by the Swedish Research Council since 2006 with a 10-year grant of 10 million SEK/year.