Gut in Focus
Program for the Symposium 10.00 - 18.00
Focus on development of intestinal microbiota (IM)
1. Lang Dennis: Challenges to the establishment and maintenance of IM in infants in developing countries
2. Eggesboe Merete: Factors affecting infant gut microbiota and possible consequences for health.
3. Diaz-Heijtz Rochellys: The gut microbiota and developmental programming of the brain
Focus on specific compounds
4. Raa Jan: b-glucan Immune modulation by non-digestible and non-absorbable b-1,3/1,6-glucan particles
5. MacFabe Derrick: Enteric short chain fatty acids: Microbial messengers of metabolism, mitochondria and mind: Implications in autism spectrum disorders
Focus on restoration of IM
6. Bakken Johan: Feces transplantation - US recommendations & experience
7. Norén Torbjörn: Feces transplantation - EU recommendations
8. Experience with cultivated microbiota transplant (CMT).
a. Norin Elisabeth: On-going treatment of CDI-patients in Sweden
b. Kjelstad Garborg Kjetil: ACHIM as first line treatment for difficile infection.
c. Benno Peter: FMT a new option for IBS patients: case reports
9. Midtvedt Tore: Summary and concluding remarks
No Registration Required
Please note that due to space limitations at Nobel Forum, seating is on a first come, first served basis. Come early to avoid dissapointment!
FERRING Pharmaceuticals & Bengt E Gustafsson FundContact person: Elisabeth Lissa Norin