Nandakumar Kutty Selva Group
Specific Aims of Research
- To understand the pathogenic mechanisms and genes involved at the effector phase of arthritis using IgG antibodies
- To study specific cleavage of IgG as new avenue for treating inflammation
- To characterize biocompatible and biodegradable thermo-responsive polymers as new adjuvants
- To develop vaccine for arthritis by targeting complement factor 5
- To explore pathogenic and protective autoantibody interactions with chondrocytes
- To investigate how estrogen affects antibody synthesis, glycosylation and effector functions in arthritis
Main Supervisor for Ph.D. student
Gonzalo Fernandez (2014 -) - How estrogen affects antibody synthesis, glycosylation and effector functions in arthritis?
Co-supervisor for Ph.D. students
Gustaf Wigerblad (2011-) - Mechanisms of arthritis induced pain
Erik Lönnblom (2012-) - Environmental factors in arthritis
Alex Bersellini Farinotti (2014 -) - Electrophysiology of pain
Clara Marquina (2014 -) - Positional identification of inflammatory genes
Mentor for Ph.D. student
Sakthi Vignesh (2014- ) - Department of Women’s and Children’s Health, Karolinska University Hospital
Main Supervisor for Research Student
Daniëlle Vaartjes (Dec 2012 - Mar 2015)
Akilesh Kumar Shakya (June 2012- May 2013) - Characterization of thermoresponsive polymers as adjuvants in arthritis. Present position: Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University, USA.
Dorota Klaczkowska, 120523, "Finding genes controlling arthritis in mice - Fc gamma receptors and complement C5", Medical Faculty, MBB, Karolinska Institute, opponent Associate Professor Sjef Verbeek, Leiden University, The Netherlands. Present Position: Postdoc, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm
Ia Khmaladze: 141208, "Understanding Inflammatory Mechanisms in Rheumatic Diseases", Karolinska Institutet, opponent Ann Rothstein, University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA. Present Position: Postdoc, Molecular Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm.
Ingrid Lindh, 130412, "Autoantibody Recognition of Collagen Type II in Arthritis", Medical Faculty, MBB, Karolinska Institute.