The Karolinska Institutet Foundation Scholarships
The Board of Higher Education hereby announces the annual foundation scholarships for students. Applications may be submitted on the basis of academic qualifications and/or financial needs. The scholarships are awarded from a number of different foundations based on proposals by a grant board. The board reviews the applications.
All students at Karolinska Institutet are eligible to apply. Keep in mind, however, that the requirements vary according to the bylaws of the particular foundation.
Note that ”medicine studerande” refers to medical students only and ”medicine kandidat/motsvarande” refers to all students at Karolinska Institutet.
Eligibility for students applying on the basis of academic qualifications
You are eligible to apply for a self-driven project, if you meet the following criteria:
- have completed some other advanced study than an advanced study or project during your undergraduate or master’s education
- are not a doctoral student or have a PhD
- are not applying for funds (including travel grants) to sponsor part of the curriculum for your educational program.
The amounts awarded generally vary between SEK 4,000 and SEK 15,000.
Ranking of those who apply for financial needs, will be done according to the following: Highest ranking for persons not entitled to student aid AND with aggravating financial circumstances, followed by those not entitled to student aid. Lower priority is given those who are entitled to student aid, but have unavoidable extra expenses. Students with savings or saleable assets (stocks, mutual funds, vehicles etc.) are not prioritized. (Apartment and real estate are not regarded as saleable assets.) Neither students who have chosen to abstain student aid priority.
For those who apply based on academic qualifications, 4 points is given for existing research plan plus more than one publication during the past 3 years. 3 points for existing research plan and one publication during the past 3 years, 2 points for existing research plan plus an abstract during the past 3 years. 1 point is given for existing research plan but no publications or abstracts. If no research plan has been drawn up, the application will not be granted.
Applications and decision
Applications are submitted via this form. The form is to be filled out electronically, printed and signed. The applications will be treated confidentially and read only by the grant board and officers at the University Administration.
The application must arrive at the address below no later than 4:00 pm on September 13, 2016. Please send the application (including attachments) in duplicate to:
Stiftelser & Fonder
Nobels väg 15A
171 77 Stockholm
Please note that any application arriving after the deadline will not be considered.
All applicants will be notified of the decision during December 2016.
In addition to the information on the form, the following must be sent or turned in:
1.Transcript (studiemeritförteckning) from LADOK/KIDOK
2. Proof of registration (registreringsintyg) for autumn semester 2016 from LADOK /KIDOK
3. Documents that verify fulfilment of the special requirements for the particular foundations (see application form, Part C, 3)
4. Certificate from CSN, stating that you are not eligible to student aid (see the application form, page 4)
Those applying based on academic qualifications, need these additional attachments (see the application form, page 7):
5. Recommendation from supervisor
6. Statement from mentor representing the section or lab where the research is planned to be performed
7. Progress report (applies to those previously awarded this grant)
Phone: 08-524 863 13 or email: email@example.com