How to convert a mingle opportunity into a business/job opportunity
This is the second workshop with Mary Rose Hoja and each workshop stands alone, but you will get the most benefit from attending both since you will learn different skills from academia, and they will help you transfer even faster into industry. The first workshop is on February 7.
This workshop shows you how to convert mingle opportunities into business opportunities: networking event challenges, such as those embarrassing moments that can occur as you enter and exit a conversation, how to start a discussion and get the lead, how to act on it, plus many other sales elements of professional mingling that you may not have seen before. KI alumna Mary-Rose Hoja will be our speaker and presenter extraordinaire for the workshop. Mary-Rose is a real pro on the subject of professional networking, self-promotion and selling, plus is an expert in the use of media tools such as LinkedIn (LinkedIn even tried to recruit her as an Ambassador). Mary-Rose has a busy consulting business training professionals and companies on strategic networking, digital marketing and LinkedIn for business, and is great fun to be around.
- What to do strategically before-during-after a professional mingle event to generate business leads
- Concrete tips on what to say, how to say it, and when
- What NOT to do
- How to work the room and generate flow, energy, a great business-generating atmosphere
- How to understand and generate interest using body language, active listening, how to steer the conversation and get more value for your time.
- Extrovert or introvert? Tips and tricks for you and how to approach personality types
- 5 things you should be doing next week
Target group: PhD students and postdocs
So that YOU get the most out of these events, Mary-Rose has homework for you:
- DO email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with your answer to this question: "What's your number one struggle with marketing yourself and getting leads?"
- Contact 3 prospects you have been procrastinating to approach. Mary-Rose is more than happy to give you feedback on how it goes at the event.
Fully booked - registration closed
To learn more about Mary-Rose, and how to promote yourself using strategic networking, LinkedIn and other media, visit http://maryrosehoja.com
Contact person: Kerstin Beckenius