Celebrating 14 Years of KI-MakCHS Partnership
A delegation from Karolinska Institutet, chaired by Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Kerstin Tham, is visiting Makerere University 11-13 February 2015.
The purpose of the visit is to celebrate fourteen years of partnership and to discuss the future of the collaboration. During the visit there will be meetings with the Vice-Chancellor Professor John Ddumba-Ssentamu, Prof. Nelson Sewankambo, Principal and Prof. Isaac Okullo, Deputy Principal at the College of Health Sciences, with Prof. Buyinza Mukadasi and Prof. Nasinyama at the Research and Graduate Training Directorate and with the Swedish Ambassador in Uganda.
Karolinska Institutet Delegation
- Kerstin Tham, PhD, Professor of Occupational Therapy and Pro Vice-Chancellor
- Anders Gustafsson, PhD, DDS, Professor of Periodontology, Dean of Doctoral Education
- Marianne Schultzberg, Professor, Vice Dean of Doctoral Education
- Mats Wahlgren, MD, PhD, Professor of Infectious Disease Control
- Kristina Persson, DTMH, Associate Professor, Senior Consultant
- Taha Hirbod Alexandersson , PhD, Senior Researcher Infectious Diseases
- Stefan Peterson, MD, MPH, PhD, Professor of Global Health
- Susanne Guidetti, PhD, Senior Lecturer in Occupational Therapy
- Sabina Giulini, Alumni Relations Officer
- Monika Berge, International Coordinator
- Joel Monárrez-Espino, Director and Course Coordinator
Mutual benefit from partnership between KI and Makerere University
For low-income countries it is necessary to improve national research quality and capacity, and one way of doing this is through partnership with universities in high-income countries. However, the benefit of this kind of academic collaboration is mutual, according to the authors...